Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [10 Man] XT-002 Deconstuctor - Hard Mode

[10 Man] XT-002 Deconstuctor - Hard Mode

So our 10 man team is thinking about giving XT-002 a shot in hard mode, since we've been one-shotting him the last few weeks and it appears that Blizz continues to nerf him. I'd like to use this thread as a way to discuss the strategies that teams have used to complete the hard mode achievment for this fight in 10 man.

First, here's a look at our WWS from last week's fight. This'll give you a breakdown of our classes and a look at our DPS.

Wow Web Stats

2 tanks
    3 healers
    5 DPS

As for strategy:

1. We're currently pulling XT-002 in between the two trash piles on the left side of the room, and tanking him facing away from the raid. This prevents the two piles of trash on the left side of the room from spawning adds
    2. Those with gravity / light bombs move out of range of those around them when they recieve them.
    3. When the heart is exposed, we DPS it down to about 10% before backing off to avoid hard mode engagement
    4. Trash coming from the back of the room is handled by 2 DPS. A hunter kills the left side, a mage the right. The larger mobs that don't fall to simple AOE damage are OT'd
    This method has allowed us to actually burn so fast when the heart is exposed that we "skip" a tantrum phase.

So my questions for the group are:

1. Are there other strategies / tips that should be added to this list?
    2. Do you believe this strategy & DPS is strong enough to burn through the hard mode?
    Shox - [80] Protection Paladin || Armory
    Ovation - [80] Holy Priest || Armory

Trash doesnt spawn after hard mode is enabled.

we do 1 tank 2 heal...7 dps. (always done it this way to get 210 sec achievements)

samething - gravity bombs leave a voidzone after they go off.so make sure u move outa the grp

light bombs spawn a life spark..which can be kited..they follow normal aggro table..but u should move outa the raid before the life bomb goes off anyway so it spawns outa the raid and can be dpsed quick.

We do the fight the normal way - I tank the 2 big bots that spawn during the first exposure....after his heart is destroyed we kill the 2 bots..and let all the repair bots hit him (since his HP resets after "heartbroken" anyway)..we dps the bombots though.

then we start teh fight again..only thing to watch is tank dmg and gravity bombs+light bombs..move outa the grp so u dont get voidzones/sparks in the raid.

its a very easy fight...forgot u take periodic dmg in hard mode..forgot exact number but its less than 800(perhaps 800)

So would it make sense to say the fight goes like this:

1 tank - Paladin
    2 heals - Priest (Prayer of healing) / Druid

1. Pull to the left
    2. Open up the DPS
    3. Kill ALL the adds when they spawn
    4. Kill the heart

---- Enter hard mode ----

5. Arrange DPS in a half circle around the boss hit box
    5. Pop Heroism / Cooldowns
    6. Unleash the beast (DPS)
    7. Gravity bomb / Light bomb people run out of the raid asap
    8. Win

Quote Originally Posted by Shox View Post
    So would it make sense to say the fight goes like this:

1 tank - Paladin
    2 heals - Priest (Prayer of healing) / Druid

1. Pull to the left
    2. Open up the DPS
    3. Kill ALL the adds when they spawn
    4. Kill the heart

---- Enter hard mode ----

5. Arrange DPS in a half circle around the boss hit box
    5. Pop Heroism / Cooldowns
    6. Unleash the beast (DPS)
    7. Gravity bomb / Light bomb people run out of the raid asap
    8. Win

yes...but kill the heart before u deal with adds(since heart must die)..adds should only be starting to spawn mid way..and since hes disabled..tank can pick up the pummelers...and when uve killed the heart...kill the bombots and pummelers...scrapbots just heal him..but since hes already going to reset his hp to full..u dont need to worry about them(but hey if u have the dps to do all of it..then by all means)....they die(consumed) when they heal/reach him..but u need to kill them if u need to desperately dps XT right after he becomes active..as its possible for a few scrapbots to be still alive...or u can wait for them to get consumed.

also life sparks AOE - so u need to kill them before they get to someone/raid. (they have a short range AOE..and a raid wide(500 yrds) static charge that does 800 dmg a tick)

priest should be able to take care of tank healing alone(we use pally and druid)..while druid rejuvs and keeps the raid up..and maybe toss some HoTs on tank.
    Last edited by Aggronaught; 05-21-2009 at 12:14 PM.

After our 25 came up short in doing this hardmode, we attempted with 10 man after the raid. It was refreshingly easy for our group (25 geared) and went down 1 shot without a hitch. Basically 1 tank , 3 heal, 6 dps. Break heart, clear remaining adds, then its nuke boss (have some ranged deal with the sparks).

Group makeup:

1 tank (paly)
    3 healers (2 resto shamans and priest, all 3 were dps in heart phase)
    1 dk blood
    1 ret paly
    1 rogue
    1 feral dpsn
    1 warlock
    1 mage

We have our ranged line up behind the boss. With lightbomb they run forward and with gravity backwards, this allowed the sparks to be near melle in case we needed to burn them. It's key for your raid to not place a void zone in a bad spot or to let the gravity bomb or other adds get outa control.

Our 10man usually consisted of 2 healers, 1 tank, 4 melee, 3 ranged. If you're facing XT as the tank, we had the person with the light bomb move to a location next to xt's foot on my right, about 8-10y away, i'd strafe over a couple steps, taunt/runestrike/heartstrike or whatever, and then strafe back to a central location so that the next light bomb could move into that position without getting hit by the aoe chain lightning thing that the sparks do. did the same thing in 25man as well, but with 5 ranged dps on sparks, worked like a charm.

For those who have completed this, would you mind posting a WWS and some armory pages? (or send them to me in a PM)

I consider our 10 man team to be pretty decent, as it is made up primarily of our 25 man progression team... and we had a helluva time with this last night. I'm not sure if we were standing in the wrong places or what, even a few attempts where we were rolling along it looked like we were going to fall short of the enrage timer.

Here's a link to last night's WWS:

Wow Web Stats

And looking more at some of the folks who are talking in this thread, most of you are pretty 25 man pimped out. (Two appear to have 36k health unbuffed... where as I have 29k, and hit 35k with 10 man buffs)

I'm having some second thoughts about going for this achievement for a while, considering I'm truely following the 10 man progression with this toon.

Don't get discouraged - we wayyyyy overgear that fight and it is far from limited to people with what we have equipped.

His average hits on you appear to be between 10k and 12k, assuming inspiration is kept up. You did 6.1mill in 5mins on attempt #8. That is more than enough to beat his berserk timer. 10min berserk and about 10-11mill total dmg to kill him.

You will probably want to avoid attempting to simultaneously tank sparks and XT with your gear, but that dosen't mean you can't throw a taunt at sparks from range. Ultimately they just need to be managed, that's what the whole fight is - management. You push hardmode, you get in your positions, and your physical dps focuses on XT while your ranged swap between sparks and XT. If they lay sparks within 20-25 yards of you, taunt it - it will help them with kiting it if it paths away from them for a few seconds

Edit: Ah I misread - you are using two tanks. That is viable as well. My only suggestion there is make sure that the offtank location is in a position such that people don't exit their dps range of XT in order to lay down sparks. Maximizing DPS uptime on XT is something that needs to occur for the fight.
    Last edited by michah; 05-22-2009 at 07:58 AM.

Are the sparks snare-able? Can we do what we used to do with illidan's little beasties and have a designate frost trap spot to run to?

They move at slower than run speed, so you can literally just run away from them. Otherwise, no, they are not snareable.

Quote Originally Posted by michah View Post
    Edit: Ah I misread - you are using two tanks. That is viable as well. My only suggestion there is make sure that the offtank location is in a position such that people don't exit their dps range of XT in order to lay down sparks. Maximizing DPS uptime on XT is something that needs to occur for the fight.
    Actually, for this fight the DK tank swapped spec for DPS. I MT'd with my pally. We do however still use 3 healers, which may not be needed as much when I get a few more pieces of gear and our tree gets a few more pieces.

I'd suggest staying with 3 healers unless dps ever becomes an issue. The mage/warlock should be able to blow up Life Sparks before they even get to them probably. Throw a taunt on each Life Spark as stated which will help give them another few seconds buffer. We had people with Light Bomb move to a position about 15 yards to the side of the tank. The opposite side is where we had Gravity Bombs go. (We do outgear this fight with a lot of 25man gear, but I'm confident we could go in with alts and kill it within a few attempts)

We did XT 10 man hard mode last night.

I tanked the light sparks to keep them out of the group and to keep them from hitting the person who dropped them. I had a hunter and mage helping knock them down. It was pretty easy as a DK. DG and taunt worked great against them. Doing that gave far greater control of the sparks, which was really useful when they poped off the MT or a healer.

Because I was tanking the sparks, peolpe stayed stationary and continued healing/DPSing. When the spark dropped, they ran just enough to get out of range of the spark's AoE. This significantly improved the up time of the healers and DPS, minimized the required movement, and reduced the amount of healing needed.

I took minimal damage from the sparks. It was very easy to heal through.

We still beat the enrage timer by a good 30 seconds even with me not helping DPS the boss. Although, I did manage to keep my diseases up on him.

Does he still do the tantrums after you have killed the heart?
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Does he still do the tantrums after you have killed the heart?
    Yes he still does Tantrum. Adds do not spawn any longer (other than Life Sparks from people with light bomb) because there is no more heart phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Labguy23 View Post
    We did XT 10 man hard mode last night.

Any chance you took a WWS of this fight? Could you link your armory? (Just want to compare stats / gear)

we did.

10man hardmode we pull him 2 side like everyone. I went feral dps spec, in tank gear to get to hardmode. Then I switched to bear for hardmode. We had 3 healers, 1 tank on XT, rest dps. We had people with gravity bomb run to the left and drop void zone, light bombs ran to the right to drop spark and I tank them. Had 3 range switch to spark, then back to XT. Just repeated this till he was down. There really is no concern hitting the enrage timer anymore so if you are having trouble getting to hardmode it is ok to hit hero during heartphase. The key is staying ahead of light bomb timer, so clean up adds after you reach hardmode.

Having killed it pre nerf a few times we went back in today for the first time since the nerf. All our other kills were either 10 seconds before or 10 seconds after the enrage timer.

today we had almost 4 minutes left on enrage. (1 tank 3 healers 6 DPS)/

We had 1 ranged on sparks, a destro lock, with a shadowpriest sometimes hitting it with a shadow word death. Never fell behind on them.

We went after Decon hard mode this week (it was on the books with or w/out the nerf) and downed it in 3 or 4 tries.

1 tank - myself, specced frost at the time
    3 healers - resto shaman, holy priest, holy paladin
    3 melee - blood DK, arms warrior, Ret paladin
    3 ranged - Shadow Priest, surv hunter, Destro warlock

The first few tries people weren't entirely sure what to expect, how to handle it, etc. Our biggest point that needed to be improved on was reminding people to not run out of range of healers. we had all 3 ranged switching to sparks just for simplicities sake. I don't recall how much time we had left over at the death, but i know i wasn't sweating an enrage timer.