+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar XT-002 Deconstructor

Why are you not DPSing the heart during the 10 seconds you can with the 100% increase in damage to the boss?

As long as you don't actually kill the heart hard mode doesnt start and you get A LOT of extra damage going on, the adds can get cleaned up after the heart is no longer attackable.

Makes the fight alot shorter.

personally we wasn't sure if it actually damaged the boss, he switched HP and all, so we tried to get the adds under controle instead gotta love gear checks :P

When the heart pops out, its like Thaddius buffs, you do 100% more damage to him once the heart goes back into him.

Ie: you do 6 million DPS (takes 7.5 million to kill the heart) when the heart goes back into him the boss loses 12 million HP, and the hearts HP refreshes each phase 2...
    Last edited by Merovech; 04-16-2009 at 01:23 AM.

strat for dpsing the heart worked great... also for add control we used a mage on either side(killing adds in both corners) with a boomkin switching between sides to help out, so the rest of dps could zerg the heart... 1 tank 2 heals(10 man setup)

Have added the Heart information to the main thread using a video addendum. I've also made note of it in the original video.

Donors, this will be downloadable in the near future.

ROFL. Just watched the latest Deconstructor vid on YouTube. 540 Def FTW.
    Tineg
    -something witty here-

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    We used two (a Disc priest and a Holy priest). I don't see a three-healer group being possible with his 6-minute enrage timer.
    Actually we brought him to 15% with a 3 healer group but we never dpsed the heart at all I m sure that after we implement heartburn strategy we ll be able to kill him. 3 healers actually make it easier to heal trough tantrum or even an occasional too close gravity bomb.

I have one question about the strat where you burn the heart. If you have all the DPS burning the heart, who's on the adds? Did you just CC them and they despawned, or what?

The adds have very little life, if you focus 3-5 DPS to kill the scrap/bomb bots it should not be a problem at all.

This is 10 man strat extrapolated to 25 man, not sure if the # or life of adds has any effect on it

are we talking about 10 or 25man modes? it can get very confusing sometimes trying to garner information

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer463 View Post
    I have one question about the strat where you burn the heart. If you have all the DPS burning the heart, who's on the adds? Did you just CC them and they despawned, or what?
    The adds don't instantly show up, you should just deal with them when they are within range. They aren't even that fast.

Cider, in the Addendum, I didn't hear the part that you should mention:

By doing this, you're however pushing double the spawn rate on the corners so your tanks and DPS having to deal with those corners need to know this and need to be really DPSing down their corners hard. Be forewarned!

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Ok, i know the patch has only just arrive on EU servers, but my guild has been stuck on this encouter for a while.

We 1 shotted Flame leviathan, but Ignis and Razorscale nailed us, so we moved to XT -002

We can reach phase 2, but a tantrum seems to happen just before the heart is exposed, at 75%. which requires massive aoe healing, then we catch up on the dps nuking the heart.
    but the adds always seem to reach the boss and we end up getting nailed.

I know it may obviously be a gear thing, but we are all fully epically Naxx 10 geared and partically 25 geared. and i was under the impression that all the 10 mans shared the same progression, ie: 10man naxx gear was sufficient for the first part of 10man ulduar)

we burn BL and still come short on the tantrum timer, even when everyone is kicking out 3k DPS + without BL.

Anyone got any useful hints?
    Dps May Know The Tactics, But They Don't LEARN Them Till They've Tanked It

get 4k+ DPS.
    Atleast that's what got us the kill. Used 2 tanks and 2 Healers also.

Thanks for the video !

Btw. Lore what Addon are you using for the range Check ?

We tried the 'nuke the heart' strategy with a 3 healer group on 10 man and it worked beautifully with no issues on the enrage timer. However, to avoid getting overrun, we didn't restart DPS on the boss until we'd finished the remaining adds off - so we sat at 55% for a bit while killing adds, then back to the boss, nuke the heart, deal with adds, back to the boss, repeat...
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Any chance you could post up a small guide or description of what resolution and render settings you use for the HD upload to youtube? You are getting a substantially higher quality out than I am at the moment and I'm very curious about the settings you use, as detailed as possible please.

Thanks in advance,

what are we doin wrong?

my raid group is comprised of 10 full naxx 25 geared people 1 priest 1 shammy 1 pally for heals, 2 warriors as tanks and assorted mele and ranged dps. we tried this guys several time now and cant get past 50 percent. the tantrum seems to be whats wiping us. is there anything to counter it and what is the minimum dps we should be doing to be successfull any input would be helpful as we are banging our heads against the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Emerys View Post
    Actually we brought him to 15% with a 3 healer group but we never dpsed the heart at all I m sure that after we implement heartburn strategy we ll be able to kill him. 3 healers actually make it easier to heal trough tantrum or even an occasional too close gravity bomb.
    We did it yesterday with 3 healers (pala, shaman and druid), maintank (druid), offtank (pala) and 5 dps (2x hunter, pala, warrior and mage) with heartburn strategy but it was a pain in the ...

I don't know how many wipes it was but trust me .. a lot all with enrage. Once boss had only 13k of hp That time we killed him it was on enrage or maybe 1-2 sec before.

Ciderhelm and Lore:

Talking specifically to the 25 man version right now. How many DPS and Healers were you running for XT when you were shooting the heart movie?? I was doing the math and you need roughly 105 RDPS to bring him into phase 2 prior to the first tantrum. So I guess my question is how many healers did you run? We were running 3 tanks, 7 healers, and 15 DPS. Just running the numbers, the DPS would have to pull off more than 6K DPS without hero to burn him into phase 2. That just isnt feasible for us considering the moving for bombs and what not. If I reduce the number to 5 healers and 17 DPS, I come up with the number of 5800 DPS counting all the tanks as 1 DPSer during phase 1. This seems more doable, but at the same time, when we do get a tantrum, we will get owned (we still have people die in them right now with 7 healers).

Im trying to find the balance and save my hero for the heart, but if I save my hero, I dont see how its mathmatically possible to get 6K for all my DPSer. Do you have a parse of a kill I could look over?

Thanks
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

+ Reply to Thread