+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Ulduar XT-002 Deconstructor

XT strat

hey guys, one strat to do this guy, not sure if its on the site, is to take him to the left or right and MT him between the 2 scrap piles. what this does is force the adds to have to come from the other side of the room and is so much easier to control them and dps them down. Just something my guild uses and works very well. Cider, feel free to try it out and put a strat on your page =P

Quote Originally Posted by Xxnerdkiller View Post
    hey guys, one strat to do this guy, not sure if its on the site, is to take him to the left or right and MT him between the 2 scrap piles. what this does is force the adds to have to come from the other side of the room and is so much easier to control them and dps them down. Just something my guild uses and works very well. Cider, feel free to try it out and put a strat on your page =P
    Umm, what about all the adds that come from the side of the room the boss is on? Seems like the scrap bots would practically be on top of the boss when they spawn, unless I'm missing something about your strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Umm, what about all the adds that come from the side of the room the boss is on? Seems like the scrap bots would practically be on top of the boss when they spawn, unless I'm missing something about your strategy.
    Our guild moves to the left and tanks in between the piles. No adds come from either pile when directly in the center.

Must be something to do w/ his proximity to a pile precluding the adds from spawning.

My guild does the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannaroth View Post
    Can anyone confirm this? We tank him on the stairs and get adds from all four piles.
    I can confirm the fact that if you tank him on the right (or probably the left side too) side of the room when you walk in, between the two scrap piles, you will only get adds from the piles in the far side of the room. This has both been tested in more than once both in 10 and 25-man, and we never got adds except from those two far-side corners. This positioning makes controlling the adds really easy and you can spend a whole lot more time on nuking the heart before you need to switch to clearing the bomb- and scrapbots.

Any information out yet on XT 002's hard mode abilities? I know you guys got some new footage coming soon, but im hoping to try hard mode with my 10 man on tuesday night and dont really want to go in blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Samerr View Post
    Any information out yet on XT 002's hard mode abilities? I know you guys got some new footage coming soon, but im hoping to try hard mode with my 10 man on tuesday night and dont really want to go in blind.
    We did this tonight. Gravity Bombs create void zones and Light bombs create sparks which need to be killed. We got him down in 4 attempts. He isn't bad.
    True Bonding Occurs when you wipe your raid and then your raid wipes you in return - Tarigar

Quote Originally Posted by Xxnerdkiller View Post
    this has been mentioned several times already in this thread and is the best place to position him.

It is definitly true that if you tank him between 2 scrap piles against one of the side walls, you will only get adds from the far 2 scrap piles. Works both in 25 and in 10. Have run both 10 and 25 that way 3 or 4 times, and have yet to see an add from the 2 piles we are in between. Also makes it easier to line up the raid in a straight line behind him, gravity bombs run out of the line right, the other bomb runs out left. Easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maros_vek View Post
    It is definitly true that if you tank him between 2 scrap piles against one of the side walls, you will only get adds from the far 2 scrap piles. Works both in 25 and in 10. Have run both 10 and 25 that way 3 or 4 times, and have yet to see an add from the 2 piles we are in between. Also makes it easier to line up the raid in a straight line behind him, gravity bombs run out of the line right, the other bomb runs out left. Easy peasy.
    This is indd the easiest way to do it.
    Hard mode, didnt tried it before, but i heared it aint that hard on this boss.
    Still puging most as i just made a guild to progress more in ulduar.
    Still killed 6 bosses with pug and almost the 7th, wich aint bad.
    Ulduar is getting easier if you have all people naxx 25/EoE25 geared. it will be smoot and a fun raid to do

Quote Originally Posted by Ravecreatorr View Post
    This is indd the easiest way to do it.
    Hard mode, didnt tried it before, but i heared it aint that hard on this boss.
    Still puging most as i just made a guild to progress more in ulduar.
    Still killed 6 bosses with pug and almost the 7th, wich aint bad.
    Ulduar is getting easier if you have all people naxx 25/EoE25 geared. it will be smoot and a fun raid to do
    This wasn't always true.

After the first hotfixes, it was impossible and no one managed to kill it.
    After the first nerf it was doable but tough and required co-ordination.
    Right now though, it's very easy, on par with or even easier than Thorim and Hodir hard modes.

Has anyone noticed that with the patch they fixed this fight so that you can't tank XT to the side to only get 2 piles of adds?

If also seems like there are a ton more bombs as well, and it really caught us off guard. Took like 5 attempts to reajust our strategy.

Don't get your raid adjusted to cheesing a boss, simple as that. That was an obvious bug and really should not have been used by any one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankueray View Post
    Don't get your raid adjusted to cheesing a boss, simple as that. That was an obvious bug and really should not have been used by any one.
    I wasn't sure that was unintended functionality. I was just surprised they listed all these changes for Yogg, but there was no mention of this change. It'll sure make burning the heart to start hard mode tougher since all the ranged are dealing with what seems like 4 times the bombs.

Is there a new link to a video where he is tanked on the side?

Xt-002

Hi Guys

we are goign back in again tonight on 10 man after a few week break. Is he still bugged ?? do a shit load of adds still come.

The last time we did it, we ended up tanking him in the middle, as the left and right tank between the piles didnt stop adds from coming out of the nearest scrap piles.

DD

the adds seem to be fixed DD but you do need to tank him somewhere safer now cuz you can't bug out the piles like before.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Tankueray View Post
    I'm not sure why you think this was "an obvious bug" and "cheesing" the boss. The fact that adds don't come from a pile that the boss happens to be near means there is a proximity check that someone had to code. The only "bug" was apparently that the proximity check was checking for too large a distance and so you could shut down two scrap heaps, however we cannot know that is a bug until Blizzard changes it.

You can now tank XT close to one scrap heap and no adds will spawn from that one. Of course, this info is only useful if you don't mind "cheesing" the boss with "an obvious bug".

+ Reply to Thread