+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar XT-002 Deconstructor

Quote Originally Posted by Dloir View Post
    Does anybody know the exact range on the gravity bomb? I had my range set to 15 yards last night and still pulled a few raid members towards me. The first time I thought that maybe I had just been standing within 15 yards but the 2nd time it happened I realized that it was farther than ther 15 yards my rangefinder was set to.
    Gravity bomb is split into two effects:
    Gravity Bomb - Spell - World of Warcraft set up us the bomb and after those 9 seconds, Gravity Bomb - Spell - World of Warcraft takes over. The tooltip declares a range of only 10 yards.

Has anyone discovered the time for the new enrage timer in yesterday's hotfix patch? My guild went into Ulduar-10 for the first time planning for the 6 min enrage timer. Wouldn't be a shocker to us when 7m or so into the fight he dies, without enraging! Obviously thats not something to brag about, but it begs the question on how much time they actually upped the timer by. Also, the Pummelers were being killed by our tanks and general AoE during phase 2...they were never alive long when it went back to phase 1, and thats without dedicated DPS on them (which you shouldn't have for this fight in the first place). Overall it was a nice surprise, and I won't complain, but I would like to know for future reference if anyone has discovered the actual timer on enrage now.

well, my guild did 2 attempts on him yesterday, our last attempt took over 10 minutes (no enrage) and the tantrum seemed to only last 8 seconds.

This fight is significantly easier than last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    We used two (a Disc priest and a Holy priest). I don't see a three-healer group being possible with his 6-minute enrage timer.
    On our first reset after Ulduar hit the live, we went in with our usual "progression composition" consisting of 2 tanks, 3 healers (shammy, priest and pally) and 5 DPS. We got him down without problems, so three-healer group is certainly possible if you have good DPS to fill out those five spots. We used Bloodlust/Heroism on the first heart phase and Pummeler's were being offtanked for the duration of the fight.

I love these videos. They have been so helpful in preparation for raids. Thank you so much for making them, and keep up the awesome work! I joined a new guild that are on this boss, and tomorrow I will start healing for them, so I look forward to it, now especially since I see what I am going to be up against. TY!
    They blame the Healer. I blame them for letting adds kill the Healer.

Quote Originally Posted by agranyoch View Post
    On our first reset after Ulduar hit the live, we went in with our usual "progression composition" consisting of 2 tanks, 3 healers (shammy, priest and pally) and 5 DPS. We got him down without problems, so three-healer group is certainly possible if you have good DPS to fill out those five spots.
    We did 10-man XT002 in pug yesterday with somewhat similar composition. After nerfs IMO 3-healer composition is definately way to go; our dps'ers were quite ok doing around 3-3.6k dps each. Burning BL on first heart meant we got to 2nd heat phase pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by agranyoch View Post
    We used Bloodlust/Heroism on the first heart phase and Pummeler's were being offtanked for the duration of the fight.
    After the nerfs the pummellers were actually yesterday dying to my (unholy DK tank with nowhere near BiS gear) AOE/beating. One nice tip I picked somwhere that I used yesterday: when we lost one dps after second heart phase I just picked the adds and went back to beat the boss to help burn him down faster. Especially useful for DK tanks due to quite high dps; I was able to add 2k dps to the boss (so effective replacing 2/3 of dps lost when a dps'er was killed) despite tanking 3 or 4 adds.

Off topic but was wondering where you guys get you music for the videos

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Lore should tell us how he dealt with the first two packs in front of the XT-002. ><

I agree. I offtanked this fight and there wer way too many adds during phase 2. When we killed them before the boss they reset, so did we do something wrong in killing them beforehand? or are we supposed to aggro the boss, kill them, then start dps on the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakael View Post
    I agree. I offtanked this fight and there wer way too many adds during phase 2. When we killed them before the boss they reset, so did we do something wrong in killing them beforehand? or are we supposed to aggro the boss, kill them, then start dps on the boss?
    The adds get killed or collected and offtanked depending on type.

Scrapbots = die
    Bomb bots = die where they can kill the most scrapbots, but die before they can kill the raid at least
    Pummelers = collected and offtanked. Don't waste your dps on them. If enough of them collect to cause you a problem, that just tells you your dps is too low for the fight, or you're wasting your exposed heart phases.

Pull them round the corner, focus the salvagebots and kill the sawblades. Spread out and win.

Do you guys have any problem tanking this boss?

I was doing 25 last night and it hit me 39000 HP in a sudden..
    I am a warrior, any tactics to tank it???

Here are my OT tips as a prot paly for the Pummelers:

Tank them next to the boss, and always target XT002 to contribute 2~2.5k dps. As long as you have the Hammer of Righteousness glyph your fine for this (consecrate and holy shield should be enough threat but this helps with dps).

I always make sure to have them in range of the ret pally's Divine Storm, so I am able to "leech" dps from them to kill off the pummelers to ease up on the incoming damage to my self. Make sure your dps stacks on the other side of the boss from you to elemenate the parry threat that the addional mobs bring. So tank in front, melee to back left, and off tank to back right.

If we get lucky and only get 2 pummelers per heart phase the first two die shortly after gathering up the 3rd and 4th. If we get more than two, oh well, they all die in due time.

Pay attention to omen! If your able to stay in place for a good bit, your going to build a TON of threat on XT, dont be afraid to use salvation on your self to keep plenty of headroom on the threat meeter. No way the healers will have generated more global threat than you have on the pummelers, I have never had them drop from me because of salvation based threat decay. For some reason my MT warrior in the guild stays well ahead of everyone on the metter except for me. I catch and pass him with little effort it seems. Thank you Touched by the Light.

Has anyone tried the strategy of stacking on each other except the tank and off tank. This way if someone gets the light bomb or gravity bomb they only have to run a 10 or 15 feet to get away from the rest of the raid?

We did use /range to keep away from each other but were having problems when one of us got one of the bombs we ran into others or if we stayed put a couple of our melee or ranged dps could not find a spot where they could dps and be out of range of each other.

Regards.

Has anyone tried the new 10-man Hardmode in 10-man gear?

Just wondering if it's worth my guild giving this a shot this week. Assuming we run a 1 tank/3 healer setup it looks like we'll need about 16,000 raid DPS each which sounds very reasonable.

My maths:

Time until 1st heart killed = 2 mins
    Remaining time until enrage = 8 mins
    Boss HP after hard mode enabled = 7.5mil

Thus 7.5mil/8mins = 16k dps

you still need DPS on the life sparks (although those have been nerfed by 50% as well)

Here's my question from where I read the patch notes. Is Deconstructor pretty much zergable now by just have the dps stay on him the entire time and have only the OT pick up the pummelers? Just let him recharge with the little bots as they come through and just dps him back down? Or are getting the little guys down still a priority? Also what are people referring to as "life sparks"? I'm assuming those are the little mini guys who give health?

One other question I have is we've used a method for the past few weeks and had no issue until last night. The MT would tank him in the upper right hand corner. During first heart phase BL is popped and everyone stayed on him but made sure the heart didn't die. About midway our mages switched to aoe'ing the back right corner as they were the closest. I picked up the pummelers as usual and helped killed the boom bots to use against the pummelers. When the heart went back in he would be at 51-53% so I had all dps switch to the little bots so they were cleaned up for the next phase. That didn't work.

So next time after first heart phase I had all the dps stay on him but the mages and just activate the second heart phase and then had everyone stop and take out adds. Is there any suggestions anyone would have to this? Because it worked before and now its not. I have the slightest idea on what it might be.

The sparks are additonal adds that spawn when you're attempting hard mode.

The best place to tank him is either ebtween the 2 trash piles on the left or the 2 trash piles on the right. Doing this means adds only spawn from the piles furthest away.

Considering the length of the enrage timer and the fact that the small bots do relatviely low healing then you could probably ignore the bots entirely. Of course you'd still want to take out the pummerlers and bombots.

The best bet is to cocentrate on the heart and only aoe the bots when they're on top of the ranged. A couple of arcane explosions mixed in with some mind sear or seed of corruption should see them off without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Winkle View Post
    The sparks are additonal adds that spawn when you're attempting hard mode.
    Ah that would explain it -- Haven't attempted Hard Mode yet or watched any videos on it. That was my first mistake.

The best place to tank him is either ebtween the 2 trash piles on the left or the 2 trash piles on the right. Doing this means adds only spawn from the piles furthest away.
    Hm...so tanking him between two sets of the scraps makes it so both don't spawn? Never knew that. Originally we tanked him at the stairs and had all 4 spawn. Our 10 man generally runs with only one ranged (mage) so it was tricky. I then found a method of tanking him on the pile and only having 3 spawn. Much easier, but can be tricky. Generally we don't put enough dps on it as we have our mage switch to the back behind them midway. We've been lucky and had two mages lately. Might try the midway spot so only two spawn.

Considering the length of the enrage timer and the fact that the small bots do relatviely low healing then you could probably ignore the bots entirely. Of course you'd still want to take out the pummerlers and bombots.

The best bet is to cocentrate on the heart and only aoe the bots when they're on top of the ranged. A couple of arcane explosions mixed in with some mind sear or seed of corruption should see them off without any problems.
    From what I've noticed when people start dying at the end due to a light bomb on them and then tantrum going off and being out of range. That if everyone dps' the boss and the bombs feed him generally he gains 1 or 2% but its burned right back off. Now I've also heard it can be a good idea to kill the boombot at his feet so he takes damage from it to? Never tried it that way, but who knows.

Will have to give a couple different looks at it tonight and see what we can come up.

Has anyone tried the new 10-man Hardmode in 10-man gear?

Just wondering if it's worth my guild giving this a shot this week. Assuming we run a 1 tank/3 healer setup it looks like we'll need about 16,000 raid DPS each which sounds very reasonable.

My maths:

Time until 1st heart killed = 2 mins
    Remaining time until enrage = 8 mins
    Boss HP after hard mode enabled = 7.5mil

Thus 7.5mil/8mins = 16k dps
    After having done this on my priest alt, I can say that its very manageable. You will however want to run with two tanks in my opinion - the life sparks need to be tanked (They hit clothies for around 10k) and it can be a real pain to get your MT running around with XT following him. Life Sparks spawn every 15-20 seconds on 10 man. We just had our ranged DPS all focus them down.

It's not particularly difficult to heal either, but the damage is VERY spikey (all the gravity bombs and light bombs are doing 15% more damage, same with titanic tantrum, and with a life spark up it can be some pretty heavy burst, not to mention that Void Zones spawn directly underneath people that have Gravity Bomb). It makes things a lot easier to have a disc priest in the raid to put shields on the entire group just before the tantrum hits, and then throw a penance on the person with Light or Gravity Bomb.

DPS really wasn't difficult either. You don't have the heart phases any more but you can pretty much just stand still and nuke him for the entire fight duration (switching to burn the sparks obviously), but it becomes a lot more of a patchwerk-style fight really, at least for DPS.

You do not need 2 tanks for xt 10 man hard mode. Especially if you have a hunter. With 2 ranged DPS killing sparks they will die in the duration of a taunt.

You simply need 2 designated spots 1 for melee 1 for ranged where they drop sparks so that it is always in range of taunt.

+ Reply to Thread