+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ulduar XT-002 Deconstructor

we are doing this with 2 and 1/4 healers

So....we are about 6-7% away from comfortably taking him down. We have 6 dps'ers (I am going as boomkin and then spamming regrowth during tantrum phases) that are putting out 2700+ DPS, as well as the DK OT who is DPS'ing from the side of the MT, holding on to the pummelers. I think where we are losing DPS is from herding up the bots. Pummelers I'm not worried about...it's the double waves of bots, some from the same pile, some from another pile.

My question(s) is/are: What strategy are most sucessful groups employing in taking care of the scrap bots and bomb bots, while dps is being put on the heart by as many people possible, and I guess the follow up to that would be: How long is it taking you to kill all the adds?

Has anyone tried putting frost mages on the adds? And can someone explain the little nerf that 3.1.1 added?

My guild has been trying it with 4 people on each side handling adds... resulting in a huge dps loss on the heart. Perhaps with frost mages the adds can be managable with just a mage on each side (popping water elemental each time) and a warlock or boomkin helper?
    Last edited by Pyramus; 04-21-2009 at 01:32 PM.

TY for the heartburn strat. Our dps was to low to do otherwise.
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

Quote Originally Posted by fedorov View Post
    My question(s) is/are: What strategy are most sucessful groups employing in taking care of the scrap bots and bomb bots, while dps is being put on the heart by as many people possible, and I guess the follow up to that would be: How long is it taking you to kill all the adds?
    A very good raid composition ist 2 tank, 3 melee dps, 3 range dps, 2 healers.

Positioning:
    Boss in front of the steps (as seen in most videos). Melee in a small hald circle, range and healer in a larger half circle:
    (X are the scrap piles)
    Code:
    X          T          X
          R   MBM   R
               M
           H       H
               R

X                     X
    If the melee dps uses the max. hitbox, they don't have to move when they get lightbomb and with gravity bomb, the just step around the edges of the stair. The ranged dps and healers shouldn't have to move at all, even with gravity bomb.

Execution:
    They key is to avoid tantrums by burning the 25% health between heart phases in under 1min. Even with good dps, the first 25% can be quite hard, so if you have a shaman, then pop Bloodlust at the beginning. Your raid (including tank) needs to reach at least 25k dps, which translates to at least 4k dps each for the damage dealers.

Now when the heart pops out, all dps continues to burn the heart. After about 15s into the heart phase the ranged look for the coming adds and start to aoe them; one can easily take care of a wave alone. The OT collects the Pummelers and tanks them in the middle behind the raid.

When the hearts goes back in, it's repeat from the beginning. The ranged dps will need a few seconds to finish of the adds, then they can resume on the boss.

Additional notes:
    Class choices:
    Any ranged class has a sufficient form of aoe to get rid of the scrap bots. The only suboptimal class is the shadow priest because of the annoying targeting mechanic of Mind Sear (you need to target an add in the middle of the wave and this target doesn't take damage).
    As OT you best chose a paladin or warrior, because of blocking (one hit from a Pummeler is lower than the block value).
    The healers should both be capable of aoe-healing, because in the last 25% you will most likely eat one tantrum.

Melee should only have to move when hit by gravity bomb or when Scrap Bots get too close to the boss.

Try not to burn the heart below 20%. Because there is the danger of either killing the heart (-> Hard Mode) or triggering the next heart phase to soon, while the ranged dps is still taking care of the last spawns.
    We had this problem during our kill. Our (melee) dps was so good, that they damaged the heart to about 10% durign the first two phases and in consequence we had to deal with more adds at the same time. This led to not being able to burn the heart in the last phase sufficiently and we had to spend additional time to take care of them. -> Last 25% didn't go down before tantrum.

xt-002 adds

now that xt-002's trash packs are back up. How do you handle them. there are 9 adds and they do some pretty wicked raid damage. in addition to the shields and repairs.

The trash packs must be pulled before engaging XT... most of what I have heard recommends kiting them to the teleporter and graveyard zerging them as they do a rediculous amount of damage. (at least on 25 man) Unfortuneately due to some misinformation in my guild's raid tonight we did not realize they were trash packs until several wipes.

They gave my guild some trouble too. We essentially ran with 3 tanks into this fight.

we had the two tanks split pull the mechanical units (i tanked the 3 on the left, prot pally tanked the 3 on the right). The little repair guys were peeled off of us by our 3rd tank (feral) and was tanked out of LoS (we fought the mechs basically just in front of their location, and the feral took the repairbots back through the doorway we came in from, and around the corner. Just make sure the bots and players stay out of the defense matrix. once the robots are downed, go back and finish up the repair bots.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Molohk View Post
    I don't know if everyone is already doing this, but if you tank him between two scrap piles, adds only spawn from the 2 scrap piles on the oposite side of the room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannaroth View Post
    Can anyone confirm this? We tank him on the stairs and get adds from all four piles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inaoe View Post
    It's random if and where adds spawn. We tank him at the stairs too and got adds from every corner.
    It is random, but adds never spawn from a pile that is too close to the boss. By tanking him between two piles you effectively neutralize those 2 piles, so adds will always come from the furthest 2. This is how we've done it both resets, and it has never failed for us.

The initial Tantrum is a little difficult to miss on 10man. The DBM timer for Tantrum was off. I think that the first Tantrum is random. We'd get to 77% have 25 seconds left on the timer and he'd go Tantrum. It was frustrating. We single tanked this with two healers. Finally got lucky with the 1st Tantrum and we got a pass. Our DPS was so good in phase two that he pulled the heart back in and immediatly was at 49%. We started phase two over again. We did not have a shaman for BL. I think with the right DPS setup you can skip all but the phase ones except for the first 25%. Next week it should be a simple one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormungus View Post
    The initial Tantrum is a little difficult to miss on 10man. The DBM timer for Tantrum was off. I think that the first Tantrum is random. We'd get to 77% have 25 seconds left on the timer and he'd go Tantrum. It was frustrating. We single tanked this with two healers. Finally got lucky with the 1st Tantrum and we got a pass. Our DPS was so good in phase two that he pulled the heart back in and immediatly was at 49%. We started phase two over again. We did not have a shaman for BL. I think with the right DPS setup you can skip all but the phase ones except for the first 25%. Next week it should be a simple one-shot.
    There was a recent hotfix that changed the tantrum timer a bit, so yes, this is accurate now. If your DPS is high enough to where you're almost killing the heart, you can actually force him into permanent phase 2 status until he's dead now :P
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Worth mentioning this guy has a very strict enrage timer.
    Is there another kind?

Yeah the new implented trash packs are hard we did around 45 minutes to figure them out what will be the best way todo them but after 30 minutes just rushing in and tanking them we came up with something else which resultated in the trash packs dead.

I love them great addition i heared many guild who killed XT-002 already yeah we killed him and 3 i heared that saying didn't last night becuase they couldn't handle the trash

Hi, I've been reading and watching these videos for a while now, and figured I'd chime in on the trash before the boss. After many wipes(they hit so hard, and the repair bots...ugh)..we decided to try and train just the repair bots outside into the hallway, and continuing down the hallway with a healer and a tank...(ended up not even needing a healer because they're so slow, they would never catch up to do any damage), and have the rest of the raid work on killing the big guys without interference from the repair bots. Worked like a charm once you get the little guys out there..that part can be a little tricky. Helps to have some hunter(s) for that Once that's done we took care of the repair bots one by one..they didnt get very far because of how slow they are.

i would like to confirm the strat of pulling him to one side, it works beautifully. all the bots spawn from the opposite side of the room and it gives the dps waaaay more time to pick up the scrapbots. we downed him first try with this strat

Confirm 1 side strat

Would also like to confirm that that "pull to one side" strat works like a charm, we pulled him to the left side and received no adds from the 2 left scrap piles, we killed him in no time at all and only 1 XM spawned during the fight, i would like to add that this was on 10man and i cant wait to try it in 25 on sunday. WE didnt have much of a problem with the trash one squishy dps died on the left side and the right side gave us no deaths, just make sure to tank the adds out of the bubbles they spawn (seems to heal them) as fast as you can.
    Last edited by Futex; 04-23-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: add info on trash

Since we couldn't do 25 man we split into 2 10 man groups into Ulduar. We skipped Razorscale and went to XT-002. One quick question, why are the Scrapbots always getting to him? Our 2 mages are compitent but they keep walking through the stairs before the heartburn phase is over.
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Molohk View Post
    It is random, but adds never spawn from a pile that is too close to the boss. By tanking him between two piles you effectively neutralize those 2 piles, so adds will always come from the furthest 2. This is how we've done it both resets, and it has never failed for us.

Can anyone confirm this??

On a note, we pretty much 3 shot this week using the heartburn strat again. We did however run into the add issues as we were able to push him pretty much right back into phase 2 with a hero on the heart. We are going to change things up a pick this week and only hero the last heart phase so that we are not overrun by adds. Just make sure your healers help DPS the first heart phase (as well as the OTs). Oh, and for those of you who run with alot of shamans and druids for healing. Use the bunch up strat. For 25 man, use 2 range groups and 1 melee group. This will make your healing much more effective. Just make sure people GTF out of the group if they are the bomb.

BTW, this guy is a complete joke on 10 man now. We rolled with 2 tanks 3 healers and almost killed the heart. He came back at like 45% (going into another phase 2).

BTW Cider, you may want to update the original post as they have made changes and some of the info is wrong.
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

its been confirmed on 10 and 25 man, just pull him to the left or right wall and the bots only spawn from the opposite side of the room. just try not to run out of heal range with all that free space to chase the bots

Has Anyone tried the hard mode? I was wondering about the lightning bomb's adds (life spark). How many adds are spawning? And how about their HP?

We should try that soon but was wondering if anyone has tried it before

Thx.

PS : sorry for my english...a bit rusty

Does anybody know the exact range on the gravity bomb? I had my range set to 15 yards last night and still pulled a few raid members towards me. The first time I thought that maybe I had just been standing within 15 yards but the 2nd time it happened I realized that it was farther than ther 15 yards my rangefinder was set to.

+ Reply to Thread