+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar XT-002 Deconstructor

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Cider, in the Addendum, I didn't hear the part that you should mention:

By doing this, you're however pushing double the spawn rate on the corners so your tanks and DPS having to deal with those corners need to know this and need to be really DPSing down their corners hard. Be forewarned!
    ^ This.

We made several attempts at XT last night and we had some where we did no dps to heart and some where we popped Heroism when the heart came up. It definitely does a lot of damage but you get WAY more adds. We got to where we were overrun by scrap bots in 10 man and eventually some scrapbots would get through.

I would also like to correct something someone else said about if you did 6 million damage then it transfers to 12 million on the boss. This is NOT what we saw last night at all. What we saw is the heart has 1.5 million HP, which is exactly 25% of XT's 6 million HP total health. We did do double damage to the heart when it was exposed, but if you do 1 million damage on heart then it transfers to 1 million less health on XT when he's targettable again.

Definitely get a period of double dps by hitting the heart, but a portion of that is offset by the time you have to take off from XT to control the adds. It's not "free double dps time".

It's not that you get more adds, you're just not killing them the second they spawn, so they add up.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

DKs in this fight

remember all my fellow DKs even if your dps you want to Icebound fortitude during tantrum phase it will reduce the amount of damage you take from tantrum which will help healers expecially if your DK OTing this fight it helps keep you alive thru tantrum with remaining adds on you, also found it helpful to tank the adds ontop of the boss even tho tank dps is weak the adds arent getting hit so agro wont be a factor and your aoes will help down the boss, but at the same time you have to watch all melee for bombs a little more closely if you descide to get in that close

If your group is having trouble with the enrage timer what mine found worked (for 10 man, I have no idea if this works on 25 man or not as we haven't tried it yet there) is to, instead of having a MT and OT, simply only have the MT. How we pulled this off was by having an extra hunter that, during the add phase simply turned around and misdirected all of the big adds onto our MT where they were still hit by any occasional AoE. This allowed us to not only have extra dps while XT is active but also once the adds have been misdirected the hunter simply switched to dpsing the heart.

This strategy worked great on the first shot for us, let me know if you have any questions!

Great video. Is there any plan to release one for Ignis within the next 5 or so days?

10 Man

thanks for the vids - i can only comment on the issues we faced in 10 man mode. our setup was:
    - healers - shammy, druid, priest
    - dps - mage, hunter, feral cat, enh. shammy, ret pally dps
    - tanks - druid tank (me) and DK OT

healing is easy throughout, except for the Tantrum (Barkskin ftw!) - but after seeing it a few times the healers knew when to go nuts - druid / shaman were boith a bit frustrated as Chain Heal / Wild Growth didnt hit many targets, as the raid is pretty spread out... they seemed to think priests / pallies are more ideal for this fight... take it for what its worth

the main issue we had was when we focused all our dps on the Heart and shortened the time til his next "Heart" phase, our only real AOE classes (hunter & mages) who we assigned to left / right to handle adds simple got overwhelmed, sracpbots got thru, healed the boss, QQ

i will admit that (without naming names!) our group was a bit weak, and we still had the boss down below 500K life numerous times... enrage timer got us everytime.

the OT was a Unholy DK so we had him tank adds right on top of boss and spread his AOE dmg as far as he could.

the key in this fight (in 10 man) is having good range dps to handle the adds AND be able to get damage on the heart.

For our first kill we assigned one DPS for every corner. But instead of running there immediately when the "heart phase" began they watched their corners, DPSed the heart until actually adds spawned. Maybe this was pure luck, we killed him the second I survived his first hit in berserk with shield wall and pain suppression active.

easyer way

There is an easyer (or fastest) way of killing him. You have to DPS the heart without destroying (it regenerate each time the second phase start) doing so will bring his life way more lower than it was when the second phase started. We have done it and when it turn again in 1 phase again 10 second later he was at 50% and teh second phase started again. Now that bring up the problem of the healing add those can be slowed by some shaman totem, frost nova. and are killed with AOE when we think they begin to be too close of the boss. For the Bomb add we just moved when they were comming and let them go to the boss, our tank just moved the opposite way that they were comming and our melee just move out of there explosing range. And for the other part its in the same as the video the bigger add are being tanked and not killed (our OT said that they dont hurt that much) play smart with the bomb, tank him in the stair and that big robot is gone for the scrapyard.

Quote Originally Posted by jd8222 View Post
    There is an easyer (or fastest) way of killing him. You have to DPS the heart without destroying (it regenerate each time the second phase start) doing so will bring his life way more lower than it was when the second phase started. We have done it and when it turn again in 1 phase again 10 second later he was at 50% and teh second phase started again. Now that bring up the problem of the healing add those can be slowed by some shaman totem, frost nova. and are killed with AOE when we think they begin to be too close of the boss. For the Bomb add we just moved when they were comming and let them go to the boss, our tank just moved the opposite way that they were comming and our melee just move out of there explosing range. And for the other part its in the same as the video the bigger add are being tanked and not killed (our OT said that they dont hurt that much) play smart with the bomb, tank him in the stair and that big robot is gone for the scrapyard.
    That stratagey is explained in the addendum vid.
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

It was mentioned above that 1 tank was used in 10 man.

We used 1 tank for 25 man helped us to be the enrage timer.

Just came here to say that we downed this boss tonight with 1 tank and 3 healers. We were having a very hard time beating teh enrage timer with two tanks. So with 1 tank, pummelers get misdirected to the tank and/or kited within taunt range if misdirect is on CD. We burn the heart as fast as possible until the small adds start spawning. 4 DPS peeled off to burn/control each corner and make sure the small adds didn't make it through.

Took quite a few attempts but eventually we figured out the trickiest part is the add phase after 25%. Seemed to be a ton of small adds spawn after the third heartburn so we had all DPS back off to burn the small adds before swapping back to the boss. We killed him after 5 minutes and 59 seconds and got both achievements.

Cider or Lore...what was 10man raid make-up?

i was just wondering what the 10-man group makeup was?

i noticed 2 priests, think one was Disc, wondering if the other one was Holy or healer as well cause I noticed you guys didn't take near the dmg my raid did during tantrum tonight. Our group was:

2- resto shaman
    1- holy priest
    2- hunters
    1- rogue
    1- fury warrior
    1- arcane mage
    1- afflic lock
    1- unholy dk tank

the majority of the raid is geared to the teeth outta Naxx25

with PoH being a 2.7 sec cast time for our priest, they had to time it right to go off right at the beginning of tantrum, then CoH, then PoH again...as one of the resto shamans, since we had the raid spread out i chain healed and lesser healing waved as many as a could but we'd usually lose 1 person each time

i suggested that 10 sec before tantrum we group up, to give the shamans a better use of chain heal...but keeping in mind the person getting a bomb move out, i think that would help during tantrum

also, right after tantrum is seemed our tank took a lot more dmg from XT, is there a reason?

lowest we got him was 25%, then hit the enrage timer...i could go Elemental for more dps, but its seems w/ tantrum healing being a problem thats not a viable route

i'm open for suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by emillard8 View Post
    i was just wondering what the 10-man group makeup was?
    My 10man group had a bit of a wipefest the first night we hit XT. We had watched the TS vid before hand to get a strat and still got owned. Second night, we had a few new people, had one pull for them to really see the fight and then two shotted it that night. Things we changed.

First night was 3 healers, an MT and OT and 5 DPS. We got rocked over and over by tantrum and DPS was far too slow. Even on our best attempts it was evident we were still gonna get eaten by the enrage timer.

Second night, we had (to start) an MT and OT, two healers and 6 DPS. But after that first attempt, I actually switched to arms (was MT) and had our DK MT the fight and handle the Pummelers. We had a Resto shammy who popped bloodlust at the start and we burned XT to 75% before the first tantrum, nuked the heart quickly and instructed the dps to only aoe down the scrapbots when they were close.

Alot of people were talking about having a hunter misdirect the pummelers to the tank - but during the heart phase, the boss isnt moving. Our dk just ran around and picked em up and got back to the boss before he reactivated. If you have DBM, its easy to watch. That kept all dps focused on the heart and scrapbots.

The first night I think our dps spent too much time running out to dps those adds. Key was keeping them on the heart until the adds had walked directly into range. I have to give credit to the two healers, who rocked. But this strat is easily do able - I believe we only really saw one tantrum, if not two with this zerg strat and it was pretty trivial.

yea i think we're going to do that strat, cept w/ me going elemental and dpsing, and then helping heal light bomb people and healing during tantrum, also think we're going to utilize the grouping strategy to optimize the other resto shamans effective chain healing

just gunna require people to be on their toes if they get the gravity or light bombs on them to get out asap

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Cider, in the Addendum, I didn't hear the part that you should mention:

By doing this, you're however pushing double the spawn rate on the corners so your tanks and DPS having to deal with those corners need to know this and need to be really DPSing down their corners hard. Be forewarned!
    I don't know if everyone is already doing this, but if you tank him between two scrap piles, adds only spawn from the 2 scrap piles on the oposite side of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Molohk View Post
    I don't know if everyone is already doing this, but if you tank him between two scrap piles, adds only spawn from the 2 scrap piles on the oposite side of the room.
    Can anyone confirm this? We tank him on the stairs and get adds from all four piles.

It's random if and where adds spawn. We tank him at the stairs too and got adds from every corner.

10-man

we did this on 10s with 2 tanks. I offtanked. We had 5 dps 3 heals and 2 tanks. This is probably not the easiest way to do it from what others are saying.

I (pally) offtanked all the pummelers, and we actually never killed them. Using seal of light and judgement of light, I actually never needed heals until I had 4+ on me (outside tantrum).

We had a druid MT, who sat at the bottom of the stairs. I OT'd the pummelers, but after picking them up I just targeted the boss and DPS'd with everyone else. I personally did 2450 dps, and the 5 DPS classes were 2700-4.5k. We got him down before enrage with time to spare (30 seconds or so). You can't have DPS die early, so if you can 2 heal it, more power to you, but I think 3 healers is the way to go. It may be easier with 1 tank and 6 dps, however.

The heart is the key, particularly the first time it spawned (there seem to be less adds in this phase).. We couldn't get him to 75% before the first tantrum, so I used my divine sacrifice and shield to absorb a bunch of the damage (there were no adds at this point). But after the heart came up we DPS'd it down to 15% or so and then the second heart phase came almost immediately after the first.

In retrospect it would be better to make sure to clean up all the scrapbots before heart phase 2. But, doing a lot of damage to the heart helps a ton.

The tantrums are rough on the healers, but you should be able to get by with only 2-3 tantrums before the kill (ours were before 75%, then between 50-25% and at about 6%)
    Last edited by Brickwall; 04-20-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyaxe View Post
    Could anyone please post:
    1. How long his Phase 2 Lasts?
    2. Whats the raidwide DPS Requirement to down him?
    3. Whats a good number of healers to bring for him?
    4. How Hard does he hit?
    5. How Hard do the adds hit?

Many thanks, and nice Vid, Grats on kill.
    for 25-man
    1. 30 seconds
    2. 70833.3 (25.5 million / 360 seconds)
    3. 5 if they're really really good or your dps isn't. 6 or 7 if your dps is better than your healers
    4. about 25k melee hits on a naxx25 geared prot warrior
    5. not very hard. 1 - 3 stacks of lifebloom plus raid healing should be plenty for the off-tank
    Last edited by KerriK73; 04-21-2009 at 05:08 AM.

engineers!!!!

All enginners on this boss you can use your belt enchant, Personnal Electromagnetic Pulse Generator, on the bots. And you should make your self some Frost grenades they help as well. These kept me alive sense i was the OT. I could kite the pummelers and still get the bombs an or small bots rooted for a bit so the dps could get to them. An if your the dps killing the bots all the better!

Satrina says: Don't quote the whole damn first post. Seriously.
    Last edited by Satrina; 04-23-2009 at 11:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread