+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulduar XT-002 Deconstructor

is there a difference between 10/25man that needs to be mentioned, or no idea yet.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Has anyone done the hard mode on this yet? Does he still go into the add phase if you pop his heart at 75%? Can you break his heart at 25% and get the achieve?
    When you destroy his heart, he's immediately healed to 100%. So, you can, but it's not as easy as it sounds :P We haven't tried hard mode on him yet but I imagine it will probably be one of the first we go for.

Also, can scrapbots be slowed or novad?
    Yes. They have very little health though, the GCD used to cast the slow or nova could generally just be used to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    I saw Lore getting 2 achievements. Just curious what those where.

Nerf Engineering and Nerf Gravity Bombs are the once I'm guessing from the blurry video.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Lore should tell us how he dealt with the first two packs in front of the XT-002. ><
    Very, very painfully :P I accidentally frapsed it, I might post up the video sometime just for fun. Essentially we just had two DPS swap specs so we had a 3rd tank and healer, kited them back near the teleporter, and graveyard zerged it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyaxe View Post
    Could anyone please post:
    1. How long his Phase 2 Lasts?
    About 30 seconds. You can target his heart to see a cast bar; when that finishes, he goes back into phase 1.

2. Whats the raidwide DPS Requirement to down him?
    I'm not sure. Fairly high. We were unable to kill him before the enrage until we went with the strategy in the video (offtanking the Pummelers).

3. Whats a good number of healers to bring for him?
    We used two (a Disc priest and a Holy priest). I don't see a three-healer group being possible with his 6-minute enrage timer.

4. How Hard does he hit?
    5. How Hard do the adds hit?
    Not terribly hard. The bigger problem is during Tantrums, or when one of the tanks is selected for Light Bomb.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Also, high-rez should be up on YouTube shortly.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

very nice!

Can you either fill me in on [some of your key] mod choices or direct me to a thread/blog/info-bit which has them? I loved some of what I saw but its a bit fuzzy to ID anything, I'll keep an eye out for the HD video version.

In particular liked the bars and updates coming through in oval form there

i think it's a helfull video so far...and think about at least u have a video in the 2nd day of patch realease good job cider looking forward to the see the rest

Its also worth noting that damage done to his heart during the add phase is transferred to him after, and the heart takes double damage. This should help if you're struggling with DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Lore should tell us how he dealt with the first two packs in front of the XT-002. ><
    Kite back, graveyard zerg, 130ish in repairs = GG but it worked

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoptwo View Post
    Kite back, graveyard zerg, 130ish in repairs = GG but it worked
    I frapsed us doing the same qq

so painful

Lore, could you please post atleast the rough DPS of your team, caus this is the problem in our group (imo) and i would like to show people atleast what to aim for.
    Last edited by huhcio; 04-15-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannaroth View Post
    Its also worth noting that damage done to his heart during the add phase is transferred to him after, and the heart takes double damage. This should help if you're struggling with DPS.
    anyone else can confirm this? we ran into the enragetimer as well.

As for healing - bloody hell! the AoE is massive, need more haste please :S

anyone finding ulduar surprising hard? not the first boss =\ I keep getting one shot when tanking the boss..
    Last edited by Dzen; 04-15-2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: =(

Quote Originally Posted by Mannaroth View Post
    can anyone confirm this? We killed him on 10 man no problem, using 1 tank, 2 healers and 7 dps.

25 man we had to deal with the trash, then only got like 4ish attempts in on Deconstructor and server crashed, waiting for them to come back up. I feel our dps should be good enough but would be nice to know if you can get extra dps in.
    Last edited by Bishoptwo; 04-15-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: spelling =X

Yes I can confirm that whatever damage you do to the heart is transferred to XT(I don't know what happens if you actually end up killing the heart) and the heart's health is restored at the following 50%/25% intervals.

Fraps I did to prove it shown below. The quality is very poor (It was meant for my own viewing), but you can clearly see him enter the add phase, we pop bloodlust and nuke the heart, and after the add phase the Deconstructor's health jumps from 75% down to 55%.

Even with that though, we had several wipes at 10% (we always had one or two people die) - i dont know how it would be even feasable without the dps on the heart.

http://files.filefront.com/xt+002+deconstructor+wipewmv/;13606280;/fileinfo.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tifas View Post
    Yes I can confirm that whatever damage you do to the heart is transferred to XT(I don't know what happens if you actually end up killing the heart) and the heart's health is restored at the following 50%/25% intervals.

Actually killing the heart causes him to fully restore his health, gain a 25% maximum health increase and he gains several new abilities - hard mode.

Actually killing the heart causes him to fully restore his health, gain a 25% maximum health increase and he gains several new abilities - hard mode.

DPS'ing the heart doesn't mean you have to kill it...

Yes thanks for the replies, we are able to dps the heart now and only get like one tantrum per 25 percent now. Now if the servers would stay up, like 4 wipes at 2ish percent QQ.

Again thanks for the replies =D

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I frapsed us doing the same qq

so painful
    We originally tried doing him with the trash still up.. but it was a crap shoot as to whether or not the adds would aggro (plus, it gave us a smaller area to spread out). So, I had the crazy idea to have Lore spec Prot and our elemental shaman spec resto (so, 3 tanks, 3 heals), and just graveyard zerg the damn thing. We all only died like once (someone might have died a second time, I don't remember), but it wasn't 130g in repairs.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

Thank god for us Europeans we started with the trash there deactivated. The boss however to mee seemed to have a very harsh enrage timer, we had to end up with me tanking the boss and adds and only two healers. To get an idea, this is a 3D guild.

And ofcourse we didn't know that heart damage also damages the boss but still.

+ Reply to Thread