+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank Warrior

Tank Warrior

Hey guys I was just looking for some advice on my gear, enchants, and my spec. Is there a better spec that will help me do better? I do fine in heroics but I sometimes struggle in raids. I would like some other opinions other than my friends lol.
    World Of Warcraft Armory

Drop defense to get down to 540 and focus on other stats. Get your HP and AC up to at least 25k each I would say. Once you get there, work on getting your hit and expertise up. Looks like you probably would have a hard time holding agro. If you feel comfortable with your survivability, go with a deep wounds tanking spec. Otherwise go with a traditional 5/8/58 spec.

I wouldn't make any attempt to decrease your defense--it's not like you're gemming for it, and defense is still a very good stat past the critical minimum of 540.

Consider replacing your strength gems with expertise gems. I'm not sure exactly how much more or less effective expertise is than strength once you're past the soft cap for expertise, but it's something to think about.

If survivability and not threat is the issue you have in raids, I'd replace your meta with Austere Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft.

Grab a Armor Plated Combat Shotgun - Item - World of Warcraft from a friendly engineer, it's best-in-slot before Ulduar.
    Last edited by Ossix; 04-14-2009 at 06:05 AM. Reason: I fail at reading comprehension.
    "The best way out is always through." —Robert Frost

+ Reply to Thread