+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms - Need advice on gemming

Arms - Need advice on gemming

Hey there, I'm looking for some advice on the gemming of my gear. At current I have mostly gemmed for strength, but I'm not sure if I would need ArP more the AP.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Any advice on my gear would be greatly appreciated.

Why is your hit rating 189 at your level of gear?

Is Armory broken? Is there some stat I don't know about?

Gem until you hit cap, seriously (that's supposed to come way before gemming for ArP or Strength).

O.o, I honestly haven't regemmed since they nerfed fury, I don't even know what the hit cap is for arms, and I knew i was way above the cap for fury. Also, keep in mind I'm a draenei, so add about 32 to that.

Arms hit cap = 263.

W/ Weapon Mastery and Strength of Arms, the Arms Exp. Soft Cap is like 20 (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Hit till cap = Expertise till cap > Str = arp if at 30% arp from gear > arp under 30% from gear = crit = agi > Haste > Int = Spirit = Spell power = Hit/expertise after cap = gnome deathknights...

I read somewhere (think in the arms guide) that without weapon mastery the expertise cap was between 24 and 26, cant remember.

With Weapon mastery and SoA expertise cap on char panel is 18 expertise shown

26 is the dodge cap,

That means your char sheet will show 18 expertise skill at that point. IF you do not have Weapon mastery then you will need 18 expertise skill from gear meaning your expertise on your char panel will show 26 skill.

So in simple trust your char panel skill, if you have weapon mastery you need it at 18 to be capped if you don't have weapon mastery you need the skill to show 26

As a side note its always good to refresh everyone on this

32.79 Expertise Rating = 4 Expertise Skill = 1% Dodge reduction & 1% Parry reduction

Thanks Lizana.

Would you recommend that I respec and take the points out of prot, put them into weapon mastery, and change my gems around for hit?

Personally i would drop 1 points our of improved ms and put in weapon mastery, i would take the 2 points out of prot and put into improved Execute. As you get more expertise and sit at 26 expertise on the char panel then i would take the point back out of Weapon mastery and put into improved ms. And yes, i would Gem for hit and try to get a grim toll so you can then switch out of hit gems down the road

Guess I got some regemming to do when my server comes back up :-)

Thanks for the advice guys, its much appreciated.

So, respeced, regemmed, saw a dps increase, and then the Chestplate of Titanic Fury dropped, and i promptly had to regem again >_<

+ Reply to Thread