+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Protection˛: Prot Warr + Prot Pala PvP

Protection˛: Prot Warr + Prot Pala PvP

My brother (Protection Paladin) and me (Protection Warrior) have published a PvP video at warcraftmovies.

The movie has two parts:
    - Protection Warrior solo BGs.
    - Protection Warrior + Protection Paladin 1900-2000 rating 2v2 arena.

You can watch it here:

Protection˛ By Caedes

We hope you enjoy it!

Excellent video. Prot PvP is way too much fun to not do. Could you post up the spec you used and your gear choices?
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

that was fun, what build are you exactly?

I have been grinding up to the 100K HK achievement as prot and been having lots of fun. There is nothing like 12K shield slams on unsuspecting mages. another fun thing is watching a rogue kill himself on your shield. I can solo about any class except Frost/Arcane Mages and DK tanks. Retnubs are tough. Disc Priests leave you rage starved

Get a couple heals and you can make the other team's life hell in the BG's

All i can say is...as of tomorrow, shield block reduces magical damage, 1min Shield walls. come here my little friends.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

it only does it if you have the 4piece tier 8 set bonus Kaumu.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    it only does it if you have the 4piece tier 8 set bonus Kaumu.
    Oh shet yeah...getting ready to rock the 25mans, our EU servers having huge problems with Ulduar freezing last night. Lets hope this is resolved
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Rockin' pvp.
    Lovely to see vid's of it.
    Prot fo' all yo!
    True Warriors dont fall!
    We charge from higher ground.

I play a Prot pally in pvp and do pretty well. The only thing I havn't figured out is how to set up my pvp gear. Do I just try to build on a 540 def cap and add as much res to my set as possible or res to the max?

sticky- i dont think 540 def is making difference, its better to go full resi if you ask me

Well I go from def cap and block cap to under half block cap and a very low defense. I can outlast almost any meelee in pve gear, what all does res take away from damage wise? % of all damage or certain types? meelee or magic?

res reduces all damage taken and increased crit damage reduction, it works for all damage types, for pvp def isnt worth much because "crit cap" don't exist, players have MUCH bigger crit chance than 6.4% ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Mierzei View Post
    res reduces all damage taken and increased crit damage reduction, it works for all damage types, for pvp def isnt worth much because "crit cap" don't exist, players have MUCH bigger crit chance than 6.4% ;]
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but resilience does absolutely nothing to non-critical hits. It does reduce chance to be critically hit, it does reduce the damage of a critical hit when one gets through, and it reduces the amount of damage that DoTs do to you.

Generaly im gearing my prot paly with as much as i can BV, for items that i dont have with BV im taking items with crit. Battlemaster + BV trinket
    Im running now at 1900 BV and going with kings in arena.
    with wings + trinket shield attack hits for 12k on target with no resilience, on ones with 700-800 resil hits for 10k.
    I love 2 play arena, and was waitin this moment when i will be able to do it as my loved prot spec

Im playing 2v2 with stam build hunter who have same HP as me and i love how we can peal off best pvp combos!

I run a cross one prot pally that was at 2.3k in 2v2!
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Awesome vid If you get the chance can you post your spec and gear? Would be great to see what set up your using...also, what spec/gear is your pally partner using?
    Experience is that marvelous thing which lets you recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Disc Priest + Prot Pali??? I've never heard of anything like that before.

in fact, if you're a warrior, and you have blood craze, res does do something for normal hits. a normal hit will have an x% chance to be considered a crit (% chance based on crit chance reduction of your res) to make blood craze 'proc' from normal non crit hits.

for example:
    480 res = 5.86% critical strike chance reduction.
    with this you have a 5.86% chance of blood craze proccing from a normal hit on you.
    You can easily test this in pve, you can reach crit immunity with res, but you will always have blood craze up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheruunCael View Post
    Awesome vid If you get the chance can you post your spec and gear? Would be great to see what set up your using...also, what spec/gear is your pally partner using?
    Here you got the links to both of us talents and gear:

Me (warrior):

Armory link

My brother (paladin), currently and definitely retired (so no idea if link will work since they remove inactive chars):

Armory link

+ Reply to Thread