+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to DPS, Suggestions needed

New to DPS, Suggestions needed

So a few others in my guild wanted to Tank, so I respecced to Fury, so far its a ton of fun, but I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for me on how to tweak or improve. Currently my guild only does 10 man's, so Upgrades would only come from them.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Just notived that my main hand weapon isn't showing up. Not sure why, but I have the Rune Blade of Demonstrable power, from teh Ebon Blade QM. Enchanted with +85 ATK power

I need to change out glyphs I think, I didn't really pay much attention to them when I respecced and I currently have (I grabbed a few that were available in my guild bank):
    Glyph of Charge, Battle, Bloodrage
    and Whirlwind, Execution, Overpower
    Last edited by Sennex; 04-11-2009 at 07:54 AM. Reason: main hand oddity

Haha, you're story is about the same as mine. I used to be Prot Main Spec, but since there were other tanks in my guild getting left outta runs, I started building a Fury Set, and I've done pretty damn well with it.

Couple of things I can tell you immediately.

1. Use Titansteel Destroyer in your MH, It's got higher Min-Max damage, and like all of the Warrior Skills have greater Priority with the Main Hand than the off-Hand. WW uses both, but Off-Hand damage takes a penalty, there's no reason you'd want a penalty on a greater number rather than a smaller number right? Cleave/HS your rage dumps, all use MH damage, I'm pretty sure Slam/Bloodthirst use MH damage as well. For the most part OH is just Melee damage + WW + Used for stats.

2. You need to fix a lot of your gems and enchants. +16 STR Gems are your friend. Never gem for Agility or...stamina in some cases you have done. Some warriors like myself are forced to get +8 Str/12 Stam gems, but since you're a JC you can ignore those hindrances. Bold Dragon Eyes (+27 Str) Should be socketed anywhere you wish to gain a Socket bonus. Remove your belt gem, I don't know why you have Dodge/Stamina in your boots, as well as Tuskar's vit, I'd recommend Greater Assault.

3. 2-3 Short Term Goals for you should be....Running H UK for the leggings. That will help your HR, and you can swap some points over to Expertise since you need that too (This will sadly be useless for next patch but oh well)

Run Heroics in General to get geared up, Maxdps.com is a great website which I use, plug in your #s and see where you should go to get Gear. I'd recommend, you getting Mirror Of Truth asap, that's a great trinket for Fury Warriors.

Get the Nesingwary Crafted for your gun slot, if you dont want to H UK Also drops a great ranged weapon.

With Regards to Gylphs, I personally use...Glyph of WW (Definitely Needed), HS and Cleave. But my Spec is a little different from yours since I have Improved Cleave. HS Glyph is definitely needed since Fury Warriors have great crit anyways, and it helps you recoup some of your lost rage (which is a lot) when you rage dump.

The only really required minor is Bloodrage since you should be using that skill a lot, also since you're specced Booming Voice + Command Presence, Glyph of Battle wouldn't hurt either.

LOL, well I jsut read all this as I was Downloading 3.1, so any changes to your suggestions now that its out, would be awesome!

Also thank you for the website, I am starting to use it now

+ Reply to Thread