+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Pally abit Confused!

Prot Pally abit Confused!

Hi all takespot ppl!

i have a bit if a problem wen it comes to Specs for Prot pallys!

I have seen alot of pallys on my server that have alot of difrent specs! and alot of them have almost the same were the spec looks like this
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    or

Were it the build i am undering why players have not chosen Reckoning!

were my build looks like this

So what i am asking is how are ppl thinkin wen thay have playst there talents like that! i know that there is no right or wrong build!

but Reckoning is importet to build TPS! were i my self use SoV to stack upp 5 times change to SoR and use it till the DoT is almost up! then i switch to SoV and refrece the DoT. were i see that Reckoning is importent, wen i procks if the beginning of a boss or middel! allt hit count as 2 hits! so to Stack hit 5 faster! and SoR will hit 1 extra time alsow!

so with is more inportent Crit! or Reckoning?

thank you for feed back!
    (dont have spellcheck on this CPU, sorry for bad spelling)
    Argent Dawn
    Prot Pally, 28300 Hp unbufft, Crit Cap

Hi,

So your comments are more aligned with how tanking worked in the burning crusade or how ret pally's switch seals. While some pally's do chose to spec into reckoning, it does not meaningfully increase threat or damage compared to the alternatives that you have for those 5 points.

Both of the builds that you posted have slight errors in them, so I'll post 2 valid builds and try to explain the differences:

A 'pursuit of justice' build Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

A 'seal of the pure' build Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft place the last 2 points by personal preference.

In your pursuit of justice build, you had 2 points in judgment when you only need 1. In your conviction build the threat/dps you thought you were getting from conviction would be better placed with seal of the pure.

The biggest thing missing in your personal build is Judgement of the Just. It is the single best mitigation talent for boss tanking (on a point basis) in the tree. Its a must have. Slowing down boss attack speed=reduced damage. Nothing else gives you 10% reduction per point (math works out to be slightly differently, but conceptually close).

Reckoning gives you a slight boost in threat, but not as much as the SotP build if you are having threat issues. You should always be running with SoV/SoB and be glyphed for it as the expertise boost from the glyph is great for both TPS and damage reduction. You should also have glyph of judgement. The only real exception to that is when you massively overgear the instance and want to run SoW because you aren't getting hit and thus don't need heals.
    If you aren't higher than me in total damage done or total healing done, all comments will be /ignore'd

thanks for the info! then i understand! but how is it gonna be now wen 3.1 comes?
    anybody posted some build there? because now we are gonna get 2 new talets in the tree!

i have been checking om some builds but are there any good builds like PoJ or SotP?
    Argent Dawn
    Prot Pally, 28300 Hp unbufft, Crit Cap

If you aren't higher than me in total damage done or total healing done, all comments will be /ignore'd

+ Reply to Thread