+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 3.1 Frost tank build

Quote Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
    Hi i want to try a frost build for tanking heroics and was thinking about using this, please tell me your comments and how can i improve it, thanks
    http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=6&tal=0055000000000000000000000000305 05000352033000301251313510052000000000000000000000 00000
    Firstly, great choice, frost is great for heroics, you will hear people say its not the best aoe threat and its not the best single target, however, blood is the worst aoe threat, and unholy is the worst single target threat. so for heroics requiring a combo of both, frost is fine.
    i would suggest choosing guile of the gorefiend over acclimation and for a few more points to spend on yourself not worry about icy talons, melee haste is good but 6 points can be spent elsewhere + shaman windfury totem does 16% melee haste (enhance shamans speccd improved totems give 20% which is same as our buff)
    I wholly agree with byenne about morbidity if you scroll up u'll see what i mean. i'd also highly recommend you pick up chill of the grave since runic power is a must for frost strikes, which are very useful when u have low hit and expertise as u enter heroics for gear, and runestrike go go threat

I just thought I'd give my spec in so to see if it works for any of you, I hate death knights (although i am one) because it feels like all the scrub hunters re-rolled them lol, there are alot of bads out there so any help i can give to get our class out of this hole is worth it. My current spec is Frost i tank Ulduar 25 man easy with it (never mind my blood spec I was just testing and it was meh threat) atm in Ulduar i pull 4k threat when i have bad luck and get no chance on hits and rune strikes but when i get on a roll its a constant 6-7k but also spikes to 8-9k. My spec works well for AoE threat and solo target threat, I haven't found a better threat spec yet (I can say this hold good AoE threat since I'm able to tank Thorim in the arena quite easily when i have locks and mages who pull about 6k AoE threat).

I hope my spec helps anyone having problems with death knight tanking, and if your failing i suggest re-rolling paladin or hunter : P
    Also if I'm online and you really want to ask me questions in game you can feel free to pst me and unless I'm afk I'll get back to you.

The World of Warcraft Armory
    (trinket is bad because main tank of guild ninja's all the good ones >.< lol)

I've found 15/51/5 to give the best threat while still having the best avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethclock View Post
    (trinket is bad because main tank of guild ninja's all the good ones >.< lol)
    I could never get a good frost rotation down, so I can't comment on that or spec, but here is some gear advice:

1. Defense - Get it close to, or just under the cap. You are using the +def sigil which will give roughly 10.5 Defense. Alternately if you are not comfortable going below cap, switch it with the dodge one form Razorscale or the Sigil of Awareness for enhanced TPS.

2. Expertise - Switch out some, if not all, of those stam for exp/stam. I was skeptical about it when my tank friend suggested it, but my threat is awesome.

3. Glyphs - If you are thinking of continuing use of the defense sigil, think of changing your HB glyph with the Rune Strike Glyph. RS crits are yummy threat.

Supposedly, the best single target is Frost and best AoE is Unholy, but I can MT and OT as Unholy and have no threat issues.

My Spec

As of patch 3.2 this is my duel wielding Frost tanking spec.

It has worked out great for me so far. I never lose aggro and can still do a decent amount of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthozz View Post
    As of patch 3.2 this is my duel wielding Frost tanking spec.

It has worked out great for me so far. I never lose aggro and can still do a decent amount of damage.

You're kidding right? if this spec is dual wield why is it showing points in two handed weapon specialization? lol

and tbh some of the points on the frost tree look wierd....

(hope this is the wrong link because it sure does look like it)
    When a druid changes to a bear don't mess with him....

+ Reply to Thread