+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another Warrior Tank

Another Warrior Tank

Hi everyone. Just looking for some suggestions. From what I've been reading my Expertise and Hit are pretty low. I've got a +16 parry gem in my gloves, and I'm wondering if I can swap that out for now in favor of some more expertise, or if parry is that important. My armor seems low too, so I need to get that up as well.

I've found myself in Naxx 25 with my guild and end up not being strong enough to do any real tanking. Maybe off-off-tanking if anything. I've certainly benefitted from it, but the last thing I want is to be the guy getting good drops if I haven't earned em.

Of course any and all suggestions are appreciated!!

The World of Warcraft Armory

Never gem parry, seriously, NEVER. I also saw you were using some strength gems, don't use those unless you want a blockvalue set (which you shouldn't in 99% of fights). Replace those gems with expertise/stam or expertise gems.
    Last edited by Irulan; 04-08-2009 at 05:40 AM.

Thanks for the input! I got some new gear so now my def is 550+ so I think I'm gonna replace what's left of my str gems and def gems with exp then hit and throw some stam in there too.

Pratt, just curious--do you find yourself rage-starved a lot, with as much block as you have, when you're OT? I'm not really evaluating you here, I'm just wondering if you do, and if maybe that's what I keep reading about here, and other places, when they talk about having block, def, or threat sets. My gear reflects my beginning in Naxx 10man, OS, and Heroics, right now, for reference.

Anyhow, it occurs to me that, since, in general, OT means less damage taken, that I should be developing some gear toward more accuracy, hit, expertise than block and/or def. Then, if in a situation where I'm MT, or have more incoming damage, have some pieces to switch into... (like patch, for instance). Am I having an epiphany, or just pointing out the obvious? You decide...

Last edited by Blue; 04-10-2009 at 01:24 PM.

So here I am, 4 months later. I've done alot of reading and I feel my play has improved a whole lot.

I figure it's time to get a checkup from y'all and see what you think. With the patch yesterday and the new emblem structure I'm looking to start upgrading soon, but I'm hoping if there's any problems people see I can be steered in a better direction.

I typically use elixer of accuracy and elixer of protection or a stoneblood flask depending on where I'm running. +Hit food is pretty standard as well. Broken Promise is a fresh upgrade from Red Sword so it's got a titanium chain on it for now, but I may enchant accuracy once I have mats.

+ Reply to Thread