+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is my DPS so low?

Why is my DPS so low?

Ok i was wondering some things.

I see that i am not doing as much dps as my gear should be... I mean i know there some things i need to start fixing but it shouldnt miss with my dps by like 1-2k is it?

AP 4000

Crit 32.91%

14% Hit Ratting

Exp. 29/29

You can check my armory i just need some feed back. I am better geared in many ways then 3 of our warrs in our guild and they are doing 4k while im doing 3.4k stable.. Rotation i do is

BT-WW If slam isnt proc i use Cleave then by then ill use bt and ww and Slam proc and use it again till i have more then 50 rage then HS am but i find myself looking for things to push and standing there not doing anything at all waiting for CD.. help?

A link to your armory would be helpful, but you are way over the expertise soft cap and could probably swap out some hit rating gear for other stats (14% hit is... high).
    Also, considering you said you use cleave I can assume you either need to improve or fix your rotation overall (The only way to tell for sure is a combat log), or that you have improved cleave which means a respec would help you out.
    Last edited by Gravy; 04-08-2009 at 08:53 AM.
    King of Cheese, Pope of Lemons, Warlord of Pancakes, Sultan of Omelletes, Czar of Zuchini, Kaiser of Pretzels, Archduke of Apples, Duke of Pimento-loaf, Prime-Minister of Meats, Count of Tomato, The Regent of Danish, Chieftan of Chutney, and Lord of the Dance.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Im sorry for title i read wrong and put in the wrong information. i looked at alot of websites about rotation and says WW-BT-Slaim proc.. but thats just 2,500 dps on dummy itself.. i mean its really erking me really

x2 Jawbones on weapon dont know why it isnt showing

You shouldn't using Cleave at all in your rotation if you only have one target in your range, Heroic Strike is far more effective. You have no enchant on your bracers, I would opt for +50 Attack Power... however see my comments below first before doing this. Your cloak enchant should probably be +22 Agility given your crit rate, it'll be more effective than +23 haste rating. You have no enchant on your chest either, I would opt for +8 stats unless you can afford +10 stats in which go for the latter.

Your expertise is way too high, for a Human wielding dual maces with 1/2 in Weapon Master you're looking at something around 16 for your cap (don't quote me on that figure). You are going to find it difficult however with 2x Jawbone to get near or bang on the cap amount without going over, especially due to the Dreadnaught legplates. I would however opt for a better bracer as that expertise on it is wasted - considering looking at a Leather alternative, such as Sinner's Bindings (Maexxna 25/Gluth 25) or Dragonfriend Bracers (Wyrmrest Exalted faction) and giving either of them a +50 AP enchant. Keep your plate bracers though, as in 3.1 Fury's looses Weapon Master and they will probably come in handy.

If you can afford it, I would also consider Berserking enchants on both your weapons, it will increase your DPS a decent amount over +110 AP.

If you stacked more crit at the expense of hit and expertise your DPS would improve quite a bit.

I have to agree with Skyborn, while most of your stats are fine, you are 4-8% crit below whatmost raiding fury warriors are walking around with. Too many of your abilities and specials are based off of crits for you to have it so low.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSom View Post
    i looked at alot of websites about rotation and says WW-BT-Slaim proc.. but thats just 2,500 dps on dummy itself.. i mean its really erking me really
    is that with or without heroic strikes?

you definatly need to switch out those weapon enchants

Moved to Armory forum and retitled for clarification.

Please read the posting rules in the future.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Ok i did everything you told me to i spent the gold got the gems i enchanted what you wanted me to enchant i lowered my hit as much as i could well as much as my gear will let me..

Now i have a issue i cant hit worth a shit.. i now see "Miss" on test bunnys i use to hit 3.1k dps on test now i barly can get pass 2.5 i cant hit anything now because its so low.. i see a large amount of damage that has been lowered also i use to seee 3-4k crits like if it was nothing just doing it and now im lucky if i get a 4k hit.. Please you have to explain things to a extend because im going broke here trying to follow you guys advice and all i'm seeing is things going down..

Dual-wielding, I am sure you need quite a bit of hit rating. +8% is the 'cap' only if you wield a single weapon.

If you could get your crit rating up without dropping hit rating, it would have been optimal. Expertise is more of a tanking thing, it seems, so you can lose some of that.

S

Quote Originally Posted by Sysmon View Post
    Expertise is more of a tanking thing, it seems, so you can lose some of that.

S
    I wouldn't say that. Indeed, it is great for tanks, for both increased threat and damage output, as well as less damage intake. However, Expertise is also sweet for DPS.

The mob will dodge less, therefore increasing your damage output.

The mob will parry less, therefore increasing your damage output and decreasing the tank's damage intake. Yes, you should be standing behind the mobs the tank is holding agro against, however that's not always feasible, and thus still applies.

Perhaps he can loose some, since he's got plenty, but I wouldn't preface it with "it's a tanking stat" and let him get the wrong idea about WHY he's dropping 'some' expertise.

Could also consider dropping Herbalism for Skinner for the extra crit rating it gives. It's not massive, but it may tip the balance a little more in your favour.

I am talking about this particular warrior, not generalizations. I think the first answers in this thread missed the fact he is dual wielding.

Well, the dual wield hit rating needs to overcome the 14% miss rate (11% with 3/3 Precision, which he has). His hit rating as of today (4-10-2009) is up to +10.28%, so almost there.

Expertise needs to overcome a 6.5% dodge rating (4.5% with Weapons Mastery), which is done with a 26 or 18 Expertise skill. He has 1/2 Weapons Mastery, needing about 23 Expertise to meet the bar. His Expertise is 30, so he is somewhat overcapped there.

It should be safe to try getting the last 0.72% hit rating covered to meet the 11% bar by dropping a little bit of Expertise rating (but not below 22 or 23, if you keep just 1 point in Weapons Mastery).

If you find you still have Expertise left over, that could be applied to Crit Rating increase, for example.

The talent that drops the Expertise bar is high in the Fury tree, hence rarely sought by tanks. That's why it is more important for tanks to gear for expertise rating - a higher bar to meet. Same can be said for hit rating.

Just my two cents. I also suggest cross-checking with other sites/threads about this topic before going through the pains of respeccing/gemming/enchanting.

S
    Last edited by Sysmon; 04-10-2009 at 06:10 AM. Reason: addendum

Quote Originally Posted by LoSom View Post
    Ok i did everything you told me to i spent the gold got the gems i enchanted what you wanted me to enchant i lowered my hit as much as i could well as much as my gear will let me..

Now i have a issue i cant hit worth a shit.. i now see "Miss" on test bunnys i use to hit 3.1k dps on test now i barly can get pass 2.5 i cant hit anything now because its so low.. i see a large amount of damage that has been lowered also i use to seee 3-4k crits like if it was nothing just doing it and now im lucky if i get a 4k hit.. Please you have to explain things to a extend because im going broke here trying to follow you guys advice and all i'm seeing is things going down..
    But how has your DPS changed in raids? That's the true question, because honestly high crit lower hit on test dummies doesn't shine as well as it does with raid buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyborn View Post
    But how has your DPS changed in raids? That's the true question, because honestly high crit lower hit on test dummies doesn't shine as well as it does with raid buffs.
    Exactly. As i geared up i saw my DPS go down on the test dummies but up significantly in raids. I run with low hit, expertise capped and focus on AP and crit from enchants and gems. Obviously the low hit means i can't get enough rage to get an accurate reading on the test dummies, yet i have practically unlimited rage in raids with only ~215 hit rating.

Yep, don't underestimate raid buffs and +hit buff food. Also, the test dummies don't fight back and you usually only hit one heroic dummy at the time, so results on those are not good for comparison to raid output.

If you compare your results, compare between dummy results only. A good increase on a dummy should translate to an increase in a raid setting as well.

S

+ Reply to Thread