+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holiday advice (MLB Related)

Holiday advice (MLB Related)

Hello fellow tankspotters.
    Even though this will be an odd post I'll ask anyway, worst thing that can happen is a lock or a ban. This summer i'll be visiting the USA on holiday. Now I can find out a lot with the information that is available here in europe and through the intarwebz.

During my holiday I'm planning to visit an MLB game, looking at my travelling plans and their schedueles the most likely thing would be a White Sox game versus the Rays (End of July, evening game). To get to the point and throw the questions out there.

1) Generally speaking (ofc I don't want a guarantee ) are there any security issues? Here in Europe unfortunatly most sporting events are very prone to rioting which is not something I'm looking for on my holiday.

2) This one would be seating related. Looking at the stadium pricing it seems odd to me as the seats with inferior view seem to be more expensive then the ones with more view, see the picture below. To specify the question: when looking at the pictures which seat would you recommend. Don't include the pricing into the advice, I'm not in the USA everyday.

Oh, in case it isn't crystal clear which is which; the black dot is the bottom pic, the red dot is the top one.

Thanks for reading this and i'll be looking forward to see the replies.

Wrosh.

No reason the post should get you banned, welcome to the states! The seats that are closer to the majority of the players are more expensive, sort of a celebrity hype thing. Their will be so many projection tv's all over the place their is not really a bad seat in the house. I cannot remember the last itme their was a riot at a baseball game in the US...tis kind of a laid back sport. Just go enjoy!

If its anything like our local colorado MLB games you'd be lucky to get enough people in the stadium to start a commotion let alone a riot
    Your ad could be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatt View Post
    No reason the post should get you banned, welcome to the states! The seats that are closer to the majority of the players are more expensive, sort of a celebrity hype thing. Their will be so many projection tv's all over the place their is not really a bad seat in the house. I cannot remember the last itme their was a riot at a baseball game in the US...tis kind of a laid back sport. Just go enjoy!
    Thanks a lot and the is there for a reason. *grins*

I personally like Left Field Pavillion. Which is basically where you're gonna be seated. You can watch a lot of the action on the giant screen for close ups, and from there you have a very good angle of the pitches, the hits, the runners, and you're far enough away from the "hype" zones that you'll generally get to just chill have fun and scream obscenities at players. Also, if anyone hits a homerun there's a likelihood that it'll go to left field pavillion because most batters are right handed and they get the most power hitting at the end of the bat (ala not a shank!) I find most homeruns will sail to the left field pavillion, and probably the most exciting thing of ANY baseball game is seeing a fly ball coming into your area and praying it comes within your reach. Hell even if it lands somewhere not in your reach but in your seating area, the entire night is livelier for that section then the rest.

Welcome to the states and enjoy!

Edit: i just realized I was looking at it wrong O_o. I meant Right Field Pavillion, and on your map that'd be sections 101-107 orange area. Sorry for the confusion. Your seating area isn't bad though I've never had the cash to sit closer but I'd probably rather take the red dot seat than the black dot seat. Can get cold up there haha.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 04-07-2009 at 05:04 PM.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I live in the bay area which is the home of the Giants and A's in regards to baseball. Oakland isn't the safest city in the world and I have never even seen a fight at that stadium (inside or out). I usually sit in the area on the map from between 143-135, I really like that area as its close to the field and has a good view and angle of it as well.

Anyways I recommend beer from the tap...garlic fries, hotdogs, pizza, and nachos.

If you can give us the date you are planning on watching the game maybe we can find a good deal for some nice seats. Otherwise I use craigslist mostly as I can have the tickets mailed, emailed, or just pick em up.
    Blackrock||Horde|Noth|UD Warrior
    Sen'jin/Blackrock||Alliance/Horde|Ciani|NE/BE Hunter

Thanks a lot for the advice!

As to Noth I can't pinpoint the exact date yet as I up to now have only got a rough estimate about the trip, however as it currently stands my possibilities on a game would be a Cardinals game on the 18th or a White Sox game on the 20th, 21st or 22nd.

Referring to the good deal: I've dug up allready myself that the 20th game against the Rays has tickets starting at 11.50$ so I doubt it gets much better then that.

What does concern me though are the appaling delivery methods from the ticketing site the official White Sox sites refers me to. It appears that the only delivery option for me (as I don't have a US or Canada billing address) would be international will call which requires me to provide them with a local phone number where I can be contacted up to the day of the event, which I obviously won't have as i'll be touring around + my cell isn't compatible to the US network.

Might as well check if my nephew still lives in the states and have him order the tickets through ticketfast, why on earth is that USA specific anyway? Which would have the benefit that I can print out the tickets the same day.

Your best bet to get the tickets would probably be Will Call. You just show up and pick the tickets up at the stadium before the game.

Ticketmaster - Help

Even though it looks like you would have a better view from the cheap seats, being close to field really adds to the atmosphere and experience of the game. You can hear what's going on on the field and the feeling is more immersed. Plus, you have a chance at catching a foul ball or two AND you get to heckle the players. Never underestimate the value of being within heckle range.

Oh and the most important thing of watching baseball.

drink beer, eat fatty foods, and enjoy yourself!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Bump!

Thanks a lot for the advice, back home again. We ended up simply driving on the 1st down to Cellular Field from O'Hare to buy the tickets there and simply ignore the website altogether.

The game itself (from this wed, Rays went down 4-3) was a unique experience.

+ Reply to Thread