+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Satorri's 3.1 Build Shop

After getting everything regemmed i lost about 2k HP, down from 40k unbuffed to about 38k. Raidbuffed the loss is +- 3k, 47k with Commanding Shout up to 50k before patch. Sad if generally speaking the gems should be an upgrade. Did notice a slight drop in avoidance due to the change to Dodge.

We did the Beasts yesterday in 10man, had the impression that they really hit hard especially the Jormungars. Looking forward to test the 25man tonight.

Also were going to do Ulduar, so ill have a log to compare. Im curious how the HP-Nerf affected the healing from Deathstrike.

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nera%27thor&n=Grandpuba

Ahhh... the IBF-Nerf... well . Toning it down made sense but it nevertheless sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    That is based on "feeling" though. Did you run a log? Do you have a parse to compare to previous ones?
    Going to have to stick to memory, as I don't have a comparison (didn't tank XT that week or the parse has been deleted off WorldofLogs). We rotate tanks, but I'm holding as a OT/DPS tank since I have significantly less trouble doing either role, even in 'tank' gear.

However, looking at the logs, the average XT hit was 23.5k, while blocked hits were 19.8k. That supports my feeling that hits were harder as I lasted to 30% on XT, but the only other tank on the fight was a paladin. I suspect that AD kicking in is pulling the average down, hence the larger than BV gap. I am 99% sure the paladin is 'unhittable' (and ghads, 'uncrushable' is a better term).

I think you may find the margin is not nearly as drastic as you might have felt. And I'll let you know how my run goes. My team was plagued with patch issues and couldn't get off the ground for our raid this week.
    It was that rough, honestly, but it's no single cause. I suspect that it's a combination of the stamina losses, armor loss & general avoidance nerf combining into a vicious combination. For comparison, I saw a difference when 3.1 went live (Frost reduced to 60% armor bonus), yet it was a single change. I'm not sure where I'm going to get a comparison (3.1 vs 3.2) parse, since it's easier to have 'pure' tanks do a farm boss to eek out my extra dps... and I'm not doing Vezax as blood, with the IBF nerf.

The value of Blood on Vezax is neither improved nor reduced by the changes to IBF. The value of Blood is that the self-healing make life easier on the healers who are trying to make mana last.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    The value of Blood on Vezax is neither improved nor reduced by the changes to IBF. The value of Blood is that the self-healing make life easier on the healers who are trying to make mana last.
    Clarification - It's not the spec per se, but that Unholy has Boneshield and IBF, both on two minute CDs. It provides the 'one minute' mitigation cycle that made IBF so powerful on Vezax. Yes, Boneshield is only 20%, but it's more than 0%. Additional trinkets (most on 2 min CDs also) with Boneshield gives it a plausible set up.

Very nice, smart idea.

Hello, I have a question. I have been unholy spec for quite some time now, until 3.2 where I saw I lost most of my aoe threat due to the UB change. So I decided to give blood a try since I've seen a lot of DKs taking that spec lately, specially here and on the EJ forums.

I must say I enjoy the playstyle a lot, but I've noticed a great decline in survivability, my healers noticed that too, and they seem to be having a hard time keeping me alive, compared to when I was unholy. Is there some gear requirement where Blood gets as awesome as most people say? My gear isn't BiS but it isn't terrible either. Is this a spec that requires a 25 man to work well? I really don't know, I'm at a loss here because I hear a lot of people liking it and a lot of end-game raiders using this spec, but it is just not working for me. Can someone please shed a light on this matter?

P.D.: I use satorri's spec, and the rotations and priority systems explained in the threads of this forum.

What you and your healers have to remember is you are responsible for a decent amount of your self healing. You do appear to take more damage but you are also going to use things like death strike to self heal. Our self heals are not trivial in the least we heal ourselves for a lot. It takes healers a bit to get used to this fact and adjust accordingly.

@satorri- wheres the update!?!

It's become an epic project, Pruke. Ha, I wanted to post it last week, but I've been continually finding more I want to elucidate.

Fear not, the new post will be coming, and with more meat than most people will read. A lot of the time I've been spending developing it is formatting and separating out the nuggets so people can find the part they actually do want to read, and know where the messier stuff is if they want to get into it.

Satorri you post it and I will read all of it. But then I am the type of info geek that will read all of a device manual just for fun....... (No I am not saying your posts are as boring as a manual )

Ha ha ha ha. Thank you for the vote of confidence.

The first draft is done, it rings in at 27 pages with moderate formatting in Word. I started doing some editing, and will hopefully finish the first pass and have a draft posted tomorrow!

+ Reply to Thread