+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warr DPS spec in 3.1

Warr DPS spec in 3.1

So I have been hearing some debate on what is going to be the new best spec for 3.1. With the ts nurf I have been hearing some people are going arms but some people are sticking fury. I'm just curious what many of you here are going to try out first. I myself I'm sticking to fury I know it and I like it yes the 10% damg. nurf will suck but I think we can over come it.

I think anyone who tries to make an absolute statement before it goes live is just making a guess, however educated. Until you can try it out for yourself, their is no correct answer to your question IMO.

what about now? is arm or fury the way to go?

I heard that if you are well geared, stay fury.. if not, try arms.

wat spec would u go for arms? full arms or this and that?

bumps

what about arms with 2 1h weps? or fury w/o TG and just a single 2h?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomoarigato View Post

agree

From what I can tell you should just go the one you have the most fun with. I made my secound spec arms then remmbered I have no idea what im doing. I am havign a blast learning how to hurt things instead of poking them untell they hurt me. Now I just need to work on gear,glyps, and gems....yep..the three G's. Guess most of that was blather but my point is to me they seem about the same now.

It's either 54/17 Arms or the old 18/53 TG. I'm near best in slot plate and I'm still doing fine with Fury.

2-handers

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomoarigato View Post
    Allright. Some very, very basic information about a warrior: Allways look for the weapon with the most max dmg, this goes for both arms and fury(Maybe prot too) ofc all depending on what stats ur interested in too.

Having said this, 1-handers are a complete no no for any dmg specc.

ARMS:
    Arms dps as it is now and has been a long time is mainly from slam and OP. yes mortal strike too but not as high as slam.(I know this is merely half the truth, execute procc does much dmg aswell. personally i dont like the rage dump.) Anyway, all of these special abilities relies on high max dmg since they are not on any swing timer u can oversee the slower speed on a 2-hander. As for rage, this is not any issue at all, atleast if ur half decent geared. Having said this, I can see no reason what so ever weilding 1-handers as they do lower burst dmg and the extra rage may not be of use. Oh almost forgot... imagine ur missrate on ur off-hand...

FURY:
    I have not tested fury without TG and only one 2 hander. But I cant imagine that you only do 10% more dmg with two 2-handers equipped (or even the 17% more dmg some say it is, taken into consideration the rage loss etc u get from the 10% nerf)

Conclusion:
    I still think the good old wotlk 18/53 fury specc is the way to go. Atleast as earlyer mentioned, if you are good geared.

A happy sidenote:
    I might add that BT should not be affected by this 10% nerf. Atleast not shown. Reason i think this is the 10% dmg nerf affects mellee dmg and not your AP. BT is based only on the base dmg of the ability and then scales with your AP. On a boss fight where single target dps matters BT are pretty high up on the list of dmg.
    Last edited by Nirvas; 04-19-2009 at 12:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread