+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP 1h/board hit?

PVP 1h/board hit?

I am putting together a prot pvp set and I currently have 187 (5.7%) hit rating. However, I still notice myself missing shield slams against same level targets. What gives? I thought the hit cap for same level is 5%.

It is not a mage with improved blink. It can be a druid in tree form or a rogue. Is my math wrong or am I just missing something?

thanks for the help in advance!

Are you sure it's miss, and not dodge/parry?

IIRC, defense would make you miss on occasion (as in, defense on your target, now on you), but a rogue wouldn't really have defense (a druid might I guess).

yeh all you should need is 5% hit, i dunno why you'd be missing. Did the druid put Insect Swarm - Spell - World of Warcraft up on you?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

It could also be scorpid sting (hunter). reduces chance to hit by 3% for 15 seconds.

Yeah, this weekend I notice myself missing a shield slam and screenshotted it for checking puproses. It was a boomkin with insect swarm on me. I will update if I find any more misses.

Thanks for the responses tho!

i always thought the hard cap hit was 8% ?

Quote Originally Posted by trixman View Post
    i always thought the hard cap hit was 8% ?
    The 8% cap applies to raid bosses. Against players with no hit modifiers(arctic winds, scorpid sting, insect swarm) the hitcap is 5%.

I believe that vs night elves you need 7% hit because of their racial "quickness" (or at least that's what I read somewhere) Plus insect swarm reduces your hit by 3% So I guess you would need 10% hit to never miss a night elf w/insect swarm on you.

I'm pretty sure Night elves Quickness is just extra dodge no? so more expertise, not more hit.

Correct about Insect swarm though, and mages have a talent that reduces enemies chance to hit by 2% as well.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I googled it - late last year (perhaps when wotlk was released) many of the racials were changed up and one of those changes included making quickness a 2% chance to be missed where it used to be a chance to dodge (and I could've sworn it used to be just a 1% chance to dodge but I never played a night elf)

I don't believe it matters though, hit doesn't affect chance to dodge. 5% is your cap for pvp before debuffs.

PvP hit cap is 5% before debuffs on all classes EXCEPT night elves - it's 7% versus night elves (again before debuffs could require as much as 10%). I use 6% hit myself but I wouldn't go much over 5% unless you can do it without sacrificing much else.

The explanation could also be that the player was wearing some kind of +defense gear, which also increases chance to miss.

Probably just a night elf though...

PvProt is pretty lovely that way, people get another 3,5% chance to miss me, then 2% more since I'm Nelf, and caster will get 7,5% more to miss me cause of imp spell reflect

Or the fact that most classes have miss% talents.

havent looked in to it that much but for an example:

Rogues get 4% chanse to be missed from elusivness, so to "hit" a Ne rogue you need 11% hit

mages get 5% chanse to be missed from a talent in frost (been a while since i played mage so cant recall the talents name)

and my guess is that alot of classes does have these talents.

unless you run with full pve gear you will miss now and then in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Amplus View Post
    mages get 5% chanse to be missed from a talent in frost (been a while since i played mage so cant recall the talents name)
    Arctic Winds - Rarely skilled so don't worry about that.

Go with 5% hit and you're good to go.

+ Reply to Thread