+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TankSpot Template Poll

TankSpot Template Poll

We're looking at upgrading our servers again and adding a dedicated download server to the site to accomodate our demand. With these kinds of upgrades, I tend to spend a lot of time working on the back end of the site, especially with our software and templates.

With that said, it gives me an opportunity to alter our template a bit. My main question is this -- do you guys prefer the previous skin with the white background and Arthas image or do you prefer the newer background with the grey background and the Dalaran image? Keep in mind this is a limited question and I'd prefer discussion stayed strictly on subject as I'm not intending to create a new template at this time.

I will also be moving some of our navigation elements around to prevent advertisements from blocking users from signing in or accessing core areas of the site, as well as provide a real title bar once again. Stay tuned.

To be honest, I don't tend to look at the background much. I think the Arthas image is a bit more distinct, as opposed to the somewhat vague and hazy towers of Dalaran.

/em deposits his 2 copper.
    Tineg
    -something witty here-

The white Arthas background made the site look more professional and clean than the current background. However, I greatly prefer the gray aspect of the current background - just the Dalaran image doesn't give the site the same professional feel compared to the Arthas one.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

White/Arthas. Dalaran theme is very generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    The white Arthas background made the site look more professional and clean than the current background. However, I greatly prefer the gray aspect of the current background...
    This is essentially the decision making process. The Arthas background is designed for aesthetics. The Dalaran background is designed for readability.

Auchidoun swirlies or gtfo, imo.

I think my computer was able to load the site faster when Arthas was back there. Cant confirm it anyway but I just have a feeling :P Anyways personally I feel that the white backround was slightly snugger

I prefer the more subtle Dalaran picture, although Arthas gives a more powerful / impressive first impression.

I prefer the Arthas image. I don't recall having any readability issues when it was in use, and I really am not fond of the hazy-looking Dalaran towers on a foggy grey background.
    "The best way out is always through." —Robert Frost

I honestly didn't even realize that was supposed to be Dalaran. I just thought it was some kind of generic game wallpaper.

I prefer the Dalaran theme

I'm sick of Arthas's mug on everything. I think the Dalaran image is a little more unique and looks pretty good. I thought the Arthas image looked fine as well but some form of his image is on every single Wow related site. Sure, he's the 'star' of this era of the game but I like the idea of being a little different.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Brighter is better as far as background goes. There was a time when the background was red. It might have been an ad or something. I can't really remember, but I liked it. It made the small separation between posts stand out which, for some reason, made everything seem a lot cleaner to me.

So I vote for whichever one is lighter and/or accentuates the tiny spaces between the individual posts.

I dug the Arthas one more than the current, however if it affects readability that greatly the Dalaran one is quite nice .

out of bounds?

Just to go completely out of bounds, I liked the "pre-Arthas" background. The one with the artwork that you have in your avatar.

I want a background as badass as the site and Arthas did that for me while Dalaran... not so much.

That being said, the dark grey background is so much easier on the eyes. I feel less like I'm staring at a lightbulb.

I prefer the image you have on it now. Though I still think the site is a little on the graphic's heavy side imo.

Have to agree with horacio the arthas template is on almost every wow fan site, the dalaran backround feels more uniqe and cuts out from the page so it feels easyer to concentrate on text.
    Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
    Sir Winston Churchill

I would have to agree with H on this one, arthas is everywhere, it's refreshing to not see him for once. When the Dalaran image came out it took me a week or so to get used to it, feeling it made everything harder to read and was harder on the eyes. That was probably just adjusting to the change because now I definatly think the grey is easier to use.

vote for the dalaran background, you see lich king/arthas everywhere, this is different and it's a background, not supposed to stand out when you reading. i like it since it gives the filling that i'm reading something important and doesn't distract me...it's a more "serious" background in overall imo.

+ Reply to Thread