+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for confirmation (Prot warrior)

Looking for confirmation (Prot warrior)

So, my raid-unit has recently begun progressing into 25-man Naxx, and I'm looking for some pointers as to my Gems/Enchants. Gear as well, of course, but, well, random loot is random .

My Threat-gen is good enough to hold off my DPS'ers, 3.5k TPS if I'm having a laggy day, 4k with smooth framerate.
    Survivability I can only assume is OK, since we've cleared Patchwerk 25 (Only yesterday, I OT'd) and the healers generally aren't complaining that I drop too fast.

Uhm, I hope that made sense, anyway.

My Armory link--> The World of Warcraft Armory

Any help is appreciated.

//Me, the ever-pessimistic Tank.
    - This space for hire -

If I were you, I'd drop your meta gem and get the gem that adds Stamina + Armor Value, then Re-enchant your shield with Defense.

You said your threat is already good enough, so I think the meta-gem swap would be pretty good. The % increase in armor is really good and I think in the long-run it outshines the Block Value Meta.

I think that in every case +40 stamina to bracers is better than +15 expertise. My reasoning is you can get 16 expertise from 1 gem socket, but only 24 stamina, so the stamina enchant is the better investment.

Your spec confuses me. Improved Spell Reflect is pretty lackluster in Naxx; I would move those points into Improved Revenge if you aren't regularly tanking Malygos. Hell, even if you are regularly tanking Malygos, I'd move them. Also, don't half-ass Deep Wounds. Fill it out or move the points into Cruelty. No sense in spending points on an ability if you aren't going to get the maximum benefit from it.

Your block rating is very good; you can afford to move points from Shield Specialization if you need to.

Ok, I've gone through with a few of the suggestions posted (Sta enchant to Bracers, respecced to 15/5/51, re-gemmed "normal" gems)
    I'm yet to change Meta gem and Shield enchant, since I'm quite damn poor at the moment >.>
    - This space for hire -

+ Reply to Thread