+ Reply to Thread

Thread: a Few questions

a Few questions

I've pritty much tanked as each class but a warrior and two montsh ago rerolled on a Brand spankin' new realm of Saurfang Eu. Ended up being a tank and understanding the basic mechanics of the raid etc due ti Ciderhelm's videos (<3)

The main worry I have is "am I Gemming right?" and "is my spec ok?". I'm in the proccess of leveling enchanter for the ring enchants (and mainly due to the guild needing a Sufficent enchanter in heroics etc). orginonaly i was going to go LWer/JCer due to trinket and best stam Combos etc but hey. one upcoming link if the Ue Armory decides to work for once

The World of Warcraft Armory

Couple of quick tips.

1. In your shotgun, you have a +21 Stamina gem, the current best stamina gem is +24.

2. I notice you have Parry gemmed everywhere, this is really really bad. Parry should NEVER be gemmed for, if you're gonna gem for avoidance stack Dodge.

ty. i'll get onto regemming that.

--

So regemming the parry/stam gems as sheer stam gems would work better in the long run? I'd gain 51 stam, loose the 6 dodge rating, 40 parry rating but not the meta (Keeping the expertise/stam in the gloves). if i stam in full +24 stam gems. or is a cetain 'red' coloured gem getter than another?

(sorry for too many questions :P)
    Last edited by Eu-Suar-Kek; 04-01-2009 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Second question
    So many typos to make, Not Enough time do them all. So natueraly, the Username has one in it. And Probly the signature just to make up for More of them

Personally, I always prefer Stamina over Avoidance. I know a lot of other tanks on the forum agree with me and some probably don't. It's really up to personal preference I think.

About your talent build, the current most widely used general warrior tanking build is 15/5/51. It produces sick TPS and is good in most if not all situations.

You should try it. Drop your points in Improved Spell Reflect/Puncture, and 3 points in Shield Spec.

Get 2 points in Cruelty, Max Improved Heroic Strike, Get 2 points in Improved charge, and max out Deep Wounds and Impale.

thank you. sorting that gemming etc out now
    So many typos to make, Not Enough time do them all. So natueraly, the Username has one in it. And Probly the signature just to make up for More of them

Do you have Omen/Recount?

Let me know how this affects your DPS/TPS.

my effective TPS is ~4k Sustained (I slack a little due to no one but my OT being anywhere near me) and my DPS is around 1.2k Sustained (in a heroic. never really looking in a 10 man yet.)

Another thing to note, it isn't a great idea to gem for defense as there are many other stats that are helpful such as expertise/health, i would not use that 16 defense gem in your belt.

Since you are having defense cap issues (as most tanks do that start getting Nax10 level gear) it would really help you to replace the Lavanthor's Talisman with a Seal of the Pantheon - Item - World of Warcraft from Normal Halls of Lightning or better yet a Repelling Charge - Item - World of Warcraft from Nax. Either one would be far superior in your setup and remove the stress over getting that defense cap.

Other then that you look like you are doing fine, rings & boots should be high on your upgrade list as more content becomes available to you.

EDIT: Ack change that spec! 15/5/51 is the way to go Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

I've got no trouble with defcap really and was jsut 16 rating off cap hence the belt. didn't think it was worth a trinket swap for 16 rating. but I'll give it a try (got the trinket in my bank incase i loose a shead load of rating at all). i'm sat on the magic number and just waiting for the rest of the stam gems to come from a guildie to cut some more gems. I'll try that spec tonight.

<3 for the answers

+ Reply to Thread