+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Emblem of Valor vendor items in 3.1?

New Emblem of Valor vendor items in 3.1?

What's the word on new gear that will be purchasable with Emblems of Valor in 3.1?

I've done some looking, but I haven't found anything listed on the current PTR or any comments saying that there will or won't be. Have I just missed them, or is there no new info yet?

Last I read, there was no new items added nor any plan to do so.

Bah. That's what I was afraid of. TYVM. Given how few 25 man raids I'm able to get, I've been holding off on spending my valor emblems to see what was going to be listed for 3.1. I'm going to hold off a bit longer, but if things continue, I'll probably go ahead and buy 7.5 shoulders and the tank ring when 3.1 releases.

Well to be thorough, Ulduar 25 man will drop Emblems of Conquest, which can purchase new tier-end gear much like our Emblems of Valor work for us now. There will be new Emblem of Valor equipment as well but they are at best sidegrades to our current gear. There are no plans for new Emblems of Heroism gear.

Conquest items: MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft Guides and Raid Strategies (about half way down)

edit:
    hrm, unfortunately I can't find the post in mmo-champion that used to have the emblem of valor new items (maybe they were conquest, i can't be sure now that I can't find the proof)
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 03-30-2009 at 09:54 AM.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Wait - you guys just contradicted each other.

Let's be clear here - I'm talking about Emblem of Valor - Item - World of Warcraft, which currently drop in 25 man raids and will also drop in Ulduar 10 raids.

Has there been any mention of new gear that will be purchasable with those?

Last I heard is no new badge items for Valor, or heroism. There will be new gear that you can get from Conquest badges. So what I've heard corresponds with Vene's post.

I have yet to see anything related to new Valor items being available.

The only thing I had heard of at least on the PTR was that sigils/librams/totems/idols from 25 man naxx had been put on the Valor Vendor but that could have just been for the purposes of letting people pick those up for use in Ulduar testing.

Yeah, I read it as no new badge Valor gear besides the relic slots.

hrm, maybe it was just for PTR testing prior to Ulduar being released, my mistake.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

So I guess no T8 (10) man gear will be purchasable with the valor tokens

Yeah, that's kind of the thought process that started this whole discussion.

I was assuming that Valor badges would let you buy T8 gloves and chest like Heroism badges let you buy T7 and trying to decide on what to spend them on. Then I started doing some looking and couldn't find any evidence of that or new Valor items for sale...

No, I expect the only reaon they're letting Valors drop in U10 and the new VoA10 is to help people get geared up to a naxx25 level faster.

You would think they would make some sort of way to dump the valor badges you dont have use for though. Kinda like buying frozen orbs for heroic badges?

It feels a little awkward to me. Looking at Ulduar/10 gear they're ilvl 219, while all the Valor gear is ilvl 213. Not a huge difference, but the emblems rewards are no longer equivalent to where you get them (ignoring Maly/Kt/Sarth2d dropping ilvl 226 and valor emblems).

Edit: Cael - you can do that already. Frozen Orbs can be bought with Emblems of Heroism, Emblems of Heroism can be bought with Emblems of Valor.

Quote Originally Posted by cael View Post
    You would think they would make some sort of way to dump the valor badges you dont have use for though. Kinda like buying frozen orbs for heroic badges?
    The BoE Bracers fill this role pretty well. (credit: Satrina for original concept behind this post. All praise his post #42.)

I was hoping we'd be able to purchase 10 man Ulduar Tier gear with Valor tokens since that was the way I got to my 4 set bonus for my DPS off-set. I used heroic emblems to get to my 2 set (gloves/chest), then excess Valor to get my 4 set (shoulders/legs). 10-mans aren't really a normal thing for me.

Hmm...with this new info, I'll have to plan a new strategy, though it looks like it may be a long while before I even get to my 2 set bonus for my DPS off-set since that will most likely come with excess Conquest emblems. As for getting to the 4 set bonus...well...I don't think I can count on that one until Ulduar is on easy-farm. I suppose I could get lucky in the new wing of VoA, but most likely, it'll be when Ulduar is farmed enough so that the tokens will be allowed for off-spec acquisition. I suppose if I'm really impatient, I'll just try to run the 10-man Ulduar more often, but right now, I'm pretty strapped for time just running our normal guild 25'ers.
    Stay strong. Stay smart. All heart.

Quote Originally Posted by loquatious View Post
    So I guess no T8 (10) man gear will be purchasable with the valor tokens
    no you just need to go to the new wing of vault for the free lewts.
    I remember The Beets - Killer Tofu Tour

Quote Originally Posted by breaklance View Post
    no you just need to go to the new wing of vault for the free lewts.
    As far as I know Emalon the Stormwatcher will only drop PvP gear, unless I totally missed something big.

I think the devs sort of learned their lesson in sunwell with badges. When they added those everyone had 100s of badges and could buy all the gear they wanted.
    This time it looks like each time they add a new raid with new badge gear they'll add a new lvl of badge so everyone starts at 0. So.... I wouldn't bother saving badges.

+ Reply to Thread