+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bear advice please

Bear advice please

I'm about to head to Maly (10) and I've noticed some threat issues. Most of our dps that's over 3k and I'm starting to struggle. I'm not sure if it's dps starting in too soon or if it's me. Any advice would be most welcome.
    Now face tanking Ulduar

Im more worried about your health - or maybe you're just in cat gear.

Anyhow - if no matter what you do even mix your cat gear and throw that trinket to hell and get that dps trinket from Jewelcrafting + plus throwing in a 32 attackpower gem.

get a some misdirects and let a paladin do hand of Salvation or simple tell them to respec into some threat reduction.
    Maybe even get armsman on your gloves.

Malygos can be a tough threat fight particularly if your raid is skilled at stacking the sparks. If your survivability is fine consider trading out some avoidance/mitigation gear for threat gear. I also make sure to pop Berserk as soon as I get 5 stacks of Lacerate up to build as big a threat lead as I can. Have any hunters and rogues use their Misdirects and Tricks of the Trade every time they are up to help you out.

Your gear looks fine. I would just question using stamina gems in your waist & trinket. Stamina gems are pretty much a waste of time for druids except on sarth3d. If you havent gotten to that encounter yet, I wouldnt advise using them. If you must have some stamina, use mixed gems at least. Other tank classes gem for stam, but druids dont need to. I would do more agility/dodge/expertise as you have in other slots - makes you a more solid tank, in my experience.

Threat-wise, are you mauling on absolutely every attack? That accounts for >50% of my threat in all raiding contexts. Other than that, mangle, keep up 5 lacerates & swipe it up. There's nothing too complex or subtle about bear tanking.

For trinkets I switch between defender's code and the jc trinket. I agree, I don't like to gem for stam, I have no desire to be a mana sponge. The stam gems I have I thought balanced my stats out, I didn't want to have more agi than stam, I thought that would be out of balance. I hear you saying I should continue to work on gaining more avoidance. With the 3.1 patch coming, would it make more sense to also add more hit/crit?

Thanks for your observations.
    Now face tanking Ulduar

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Malygos can be a tough threat fight particularly if your raid is skilled at stacking the sparks. If your survivability is fine consider trading out some avoidance/mitigation gear for threat gear. I also make sure to pop Berserk as soon as I get 5 stacks of Lacerate up to build as big a threat lead as I can. Have any hunters and rogues use their Misdirects and Tricks of the Trade every time they are up to help you out.
    Thank you very much. I've started switching out some gems and looking into some gear changes. This was very helpful.
    Now face tanking Ulduar

+ Reply to Thread