+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions?

Suggestions?

My Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory

I spend the majority of my time doing 10 mans or heroics. I have most of the upgrades that are attainable from heroics other than Ring from DTK and bracers from OK, I have all emblem of valor pieces now except chest and i'm 2 heroics away from having that. Any other heroic items i'm overlooking that aren't sidegrades?

Aside from gear advice:

1) What do I gem for, STA, Dodge, Expertise or more Def? I realize I want all of these but how would you prioritize and why?
    2) How important is it for me to sunder bosses in heroics with a fury warrior dps? I find myself always prioritizing: SSlam, Revenge, Conc, Shockwave, and TC/Devastate last and I recently had a fury warrior complain about my not getting a 5 stack sunder up fast enough.. I don't glyph for Devastate, don't use it on trash and I prioritize it just above TC on boss fights (as long as TC debuff doesn't need refreshed).

3) The group I normally roll heroics with manages all other heroics without issue but Old Kingdom kicks our ass. We've got the first 2 bosses down but we wiped twice on the mushroom boss when I turned my back on the boss to slap down a healthy mushroom only to be killed pretty much instantly. Is there some other trick to this that i'm not aware of? Does our fury warrior (not the one from question #2) need to stop whirlwinding the mushrooms down around us? Also we did 1 attempt on Herald last night and wiped on the first Insanity, obviously I went for healer first (never being able to get close to downing her), but I died before my group members got to me..

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm waiting for new bracers before doing +40 sta enchant. Any suggestions on Weapon Enchant, Is Agi the best option?

What do I gem for, STA, Dodge, Expertise or more Def? I realize I want all of these but how would you prioritize and why?

Its a tricky question depending on ur role as MT OT Add tank etc it varies.
    MT = fast consistent high tps
    OT = high avoidance / EH

Dont gem for def if ur above 540 cos honestly. go for stam / dodge / experties.
    Gem till ur at experties soft cap of 26experties points (not raiting)

2) its very impt that u get the sunders in cos it'll generate fairly high tps at the start of the fight. And you dont want fury warriors getting more tps then they are already generating.(in heroics)

Its not ur fault that u dont get 5 sunders up fast enough. Let them know its part of ur rotation.

Upgrades:
    -Tanking gun (BoE) from engineering
    -If your a blacksmith try to get your extra sockets in as they'll help you alot. (extra 480 hp or 32 expertise rating).
    -Try getting titanium weapon chain for ur Main wep. its a cheaper version of the accuracy enchant. more hit + more expertise = more tps. If survival is your goal then get mongoose fairly cheap and gives some crit + dodge(might be wrong about this)

3> mushroom boss is fairly easy. position the boss and yourself near a "healthy" mushroom and when u get the debuff just target / attack it. dont let the mushroom be behind you. Plus tell ur grp with aoe dps to not use that skill near the boss if it will kill any of the shrooms. Then just dps hard.

Thanks for the reply Cat.

My role changes from raid to raid but I get really bored with offtanking.. I'm gearing as if i'll be MT.

Does devastate really generate more threat than other options though? I've never had much trouble keeping threat over fury warriors unless they whirlwind too soon on a trash pull - on bosses its a non issue.

My hunter is an engineer so I'll work on getting mats together for the shotgun.
    I have no motivation to level blacksmithing any further, it's too big of a time/gold sink and i'd rather spend those resources elsewhere. Thanks for pointing it out though, I do realize it's valuable.
    I'll look into the weapon chain.

Personally I think you would be MUCH better served by using the blue trinket Seal of the Pantheon instead of the Valor Medal you have on now until you can get a Repelling Charge from Nax. That will make your life much easier staying over the def cap and allow more versatility when looking at gear and especially at gems.

I see gems for dodge/stam, & straight defense that could be replaced with expertise/stam to improve your TPS since your expertise is only at 18 when the soft cap is 26 let alone the hard cap of 57.

For weapon enchant if ur rich get accuracy if your not get the weapon chain.

As much as it pains me to do it, I think you're right Squirrel. I just looked at my next upgrades and i'll be losing quite a bit of defense, I'm wishing now I hadn't disenchanted my Titansteel Shield Wall but on the bright side I already have the seal sitting in my bank...

Another thing to note, I did heroic old kingdom last night and noticed that it is very easy to just charge a shroom when you get shrunk. Warbringer ftw

On the last boss when you have to fight your own party make sure you kill your healer first: Charge to get some rage, shield slam followed by concussion blow stun a heal attempt, shield bash the next heal attempt, shockwave both the healer and some of the dps to stop another attempt and you should be able to down em without a single heal going off and then its easy. Ignore the dps until healer is down, just fear em or spell reflect while owning your healer. Once the healer is down prioritize killing any casters over melee as they hurt worse and are squishyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    Another thing to note, I did heroic old kingdom last night and noticed that it is very easy to just charge a shroom when you get shrunk. Warbringer ftw

On the last boss when you have to fight your own party make sure you kill your healer first: Charge to get some rage, shield slam followed by concussion blow stun a heal attempt, shield bash the next heal attempt, shockwave both the healer and some of the dps to stop another attempt and you should be able to down em without a single heal going off and then its easy. Ignore the dps until healer is down, just fear em or spell reflect while owning your healer. Once the healer is down prioritize killing any casters over melee as they hurt worse and are squishyer.
    Best tip ever for this.

As he casts Insanity, have hte entire group remove weapons, shield, whatnot. Whatever they can remove while in combat.

Put it back on as soon as he's done and you have to fight the clones. The clones' dps is based off what you had equipped when he cast the spell.

+ Reply to Thread