+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid Gearing help needed

Raid Gearing help needed

The World of Warcraft Armory

This would be the character in question. Im geared from Heroics and some BoE Epics. The Armory doesnt include Frost Pres., so my numbers are:
    29, 778 health
    27, 516 Armor

I havent started any raiding yet, waiting until i can get the Epic belt to drop from Heroic AN. Should i do any gem / enchant changes? And what raids would i be geared for, assuming the rest of the group isn't overgeared? I only have 21 Emblems left over, which i plan to save up for BoA items to level a Pally.

I'd say you are in excellent shape to start raid tanking. The only advice I'd have is to lose the parry gems when you upgrade those pieces (or before if you have the cash/mats). Parry is generally a poor choice for gemming simply because the diminishing returns on it is particularly harsh. DKs can usually pull plenty of parry rating from Defense Skill, Strength and whatever else comes with your gear. I would recommend defense or strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxis View Post
    The World of Warcraft Armory

This would be the character in question. Im geared from Heroics and some BoE Epics. The Armory doesnt include Frost Pres., so my numbers are:
    29, 778 health
    27, 516 Armor

I havent started any raiding yet, waiting until i can get the Epic belt to drop from Heroic AN. Should i do any gem / enchant changes? And what raids would i be geared for, assuming the rest of the group isn't overgeared? I only have 21 Emblems left over, which i plan to save up for BoA items to level a Pally.
    Just to add a bit to what the previous poster said: your expertise, even with Tundra Stalker, is pretty low. Everywhere you have a parry gem, I would swap them out with either Guardian's Twilight Opal - Item - World of Warcraft or Precise Scarlet Ruby - Item - World of Warcraft.

Your gear and enchants are fine otherwise.

Why not gem for the expertise gems that come from JC only gems?

+ Reply to Thread