+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What r the must have addons?

What r the must have addons?

I am a lvl 80 mage and very new to the whole addon thing. I only have carbonite,auctioneer and recount. I have seen other peoples interfaces and see many things that look like they could be very handy. Is there an easier way in raids to have everyones bar up besides having to go into social/raid/and pulling each persons bar out? As a mage I need to take debuffs off alot and I have alot of trouble finding who to debuff. Any addons that would help my overall gameplay on WoW you can recommend I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks for your time and I look forward to all of your replies.

All DPS should ahve a threatmeter. Even with threat being less of an issue in LK than in previous expansions, it's very useful. Omen is best.

I also recommend some kind of raid warning/bossmod. DBM or BigWigs

As a mage it can be nice to have a mod to monitor various procs. Power Auras is a nice one for that purpose, it allows you to have a visual aura that appears when you get a proc ability buff (with a timer). (I.e., clearcasting, and the other 40billion ones that got added with WotLK).

One word: Decursive
    Abyssul's UI, please comment or download.

There are no must have. There used to be a threat meter like omen, but now with the build in Blizzard Threat Meter that is not an absolute must-have anymore.

Nice to have are Omen and Recount. Also a must have for me: oGlow : WoWInterface Downloads : Graphic UI Mods

Even if I turn off all add-ons. I turn this on. I can not live without it.

I agree with BigWigs/DBM. Omen isn't a necessity anymore, and if you NEED one I would actually recommend sThreatMeter over Omen now that it's been reborn. I also agree with getting someone that shows your procs like PowerAura or MikScrollingBattleText is my preferred.

As for raid frames, check out Grid. You'll either love it or hate it from the get-go but it's one of the better raid frame displays without being overly fancy.
    "The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it."
    -George Orwell

Thanks for all the info. I installed Decursive and DBM. I am enjoying both so far, but trying to figure out all the options. Does anyone know how I can move player boxes in Decursive now they are on like the uppper right hand of my screen below the mini map. Also how do you get everyones box to show thats in a raid party? Is it just auto as soon as you or they join a raid? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Right above the first box in Decursive is a small invisible box that will light up when you mouseover it. You hold down alt and then drag the frame where you want. And yes, as you party/raid up, more boxes will be displayed (including pets by default I believe).
    "The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it."
    -George Orwell

A few that I would suggest

Damage Meter: Skada - Skada Damage Meter : WoWInterface Downloads : Data Mods

Something is screwed up with Recount, I no longer trust it. I can't tell you any specifics because frankly I'm not interested enough to figure it out. You'll probably like Skada better anyway

Raid Mod: Deadly Boss Mods - Deadly Boss Mods :: A World of Warcraft AddOn

Use whatever your guild uses though, it's not really helpful to run something different than the rest of the raid.

I also really recommend some kind of unit frame that highlights debuffs. Mostly for the increased situational awareness, in addition to decursing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalken View Post
    "I'll let the dragon hit me in the face, you stab it in the ass."

+ Reply to Thread