+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Paladin Tank Sword: Turning Tide...

Best Paladin Tank Sword: Turning Tide...

I'm confused here. Maybe someone can help me.

I go to WoWHead and sort their list of main hand protection paladin swords and guess what lands on top? The Turning Tide! I thought this was a healer weapon. Does the 520 spell damage really add that much more threat? I'd like some help understanding how they came to this result.

BTW, the second best was Life & Death followed by Broken Promise.
    "Feel the fury of the mountain!" ~ King Magni Bronzebeard, Lord of Ironforge

It's not. Just doesn't do enough threat generation to be worthwhile as a tanking sword. Definately a Healadin weapon.

And those 'item suggesters' make mistakes. Such as recommending me dps weapons for my tank. You just need to know which ones to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by kingharbromm View Post
    I go to WoWHead and sort their list of main hand protection paladin swords

The problem is, you are searching for main hand only swords.. when there are none without spell power at 80. Switching the search to one handed swords would provide much better results.
    King of Cheese, Pope of Lemons, Warlord of Pancakes, Sultan of Omelletes, Czar of Zuchini, Kaiser of Pretzels, Archduke of Apples, Duke of Pimento-loaf, Prime-Minister of Meats, Count of Tomato, The Regent of Danish, Chieftan of Chutney, and Lord of the Dance.

No, I was searching for all one-hand swords. It gave me results such as Broken Promise & Slayer of the Lifeless, they were just further down the list when given the protection paladin weight scale.
    "Feel the fury of the mountain!" ~ King Magni Bronzebeard, Lord of Ironforge

there are a few paladin skills that scale with spellpower more than AP, such as consecration. But really it doesn't help that much. i equipped my holy set weapon which has 408 SP (112 less than TT) and i got about an extra 40 consecrate damage i believe (i remember it was an insignificant amount). Technically if you're trying to hold a bunch of adds with consecration and holy shield alone, a spell power weapon would be better. but you loose a lot of threat when your Hammer of the Righteous hits for more than half as much, and in the end this sword would be much better in the hands of a holy pally, lock, mage, etc.

Their ranking is incorrect; and it overly values spell power.

Last Laugh is best in Slot for Protection Paladins followed by Broken Promise, Slayer of the Lifeless, and Red Sword... All four of those, are all better tanking weapons for Protection Paladins, and result in more threat that Turning Tide, in addition to providing you with tanking stats.

+ Reply to Thread