+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some advice on gems, gear, spec, and rotation

Need some advice on gems, gear, spec, and rotation

Can you guys please be brutaly honest with me on my gear, gems, spec, and the some advice on a good rotation would be great

The World of Warcraft Armory

Quote Originally Posted by tnpreacher View Post
    Can you guys please be brutaly honest with me on my gear, gems, spec, and the some advice on a good rotation would be great

The World of Warcraft Armory
    All of this information is available on these forums, use the search function, read a lot. Below is a rough guide, it can be adjusted DEPENDING ON YOUR GOALS (most important).

I will paraphrase, but I strongly recommend you THOROUGHLY read the respective forums on all of the topics you mention:

1) Gear: Get over 540 defense using SSG rune. Then work on the highest ILVL gear you can reasonably get (this usually means all of the conquest/valor gear). Enchant the gear correctly (you can def. find this info on these forums).

2) Gems: If over 540 defense gem for stamina (+30 stam gems), if under gem for defense. Some people like socket bonuses, some people don't - it's your personal preference.

3) Start with the 5/8/5 spec. Then pick your favorite/coolest tree and spec 50 points into it. Glyph it logically. (examples can be found all over the forums)

4) Rotation: keep diseases up, RP dump at 100 RP

Yes, I know all of that I should have worded my post a little. I have been tanking in WOTLK since it came out. I'm not a horrible tank you can tell by looking at my gear i'm in a really good guild. What I'm asking for is some help on little tweaks that can make me a little better then I am. Such as I have made some hit gems because my hit isn't where it needs to be. I would love to just gem all stam gems but I can't and stay hit capped

Something you might look into is getting the axe from hodir 10man that has hit on it. It should get you hit capped. Also i would look into getting the gloves from the emblems of conq. They have hit but you do loose a socket for 30stam. Haha. if your really hurting ask your rl to put you in a group with a dreani (1%hit) Just a suggestion. Also your gear looks good.
    In your spec. Why did you pick up lichborne? It doesnt give you 20%dodge anymore so it is almost useless in tanking (except for certain fights like auryia). Also i dont know if icy talons procs off of glyph of disease, but if it doesnt i would look to put those talents elsewhere. (3/3 ravenous dead and 2/3 subversion)
    Just a few suggestions

+ Reply to Thread