+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some help about buffs

Need some help about buffs

I'm new to healing and wondering how do you do raid/party wide buffs. Thanks

What healer class are you?

And all classes have a buff spell that only works on 1 player, then cant remember what lv it is, think its lv 40 you get a spell that works on all the party and raid.
    But this spell costs regents that can be bought of a regent vender.
    What type of regent. Read the info of the spell

The best way to do buffs for any class imo is ZOMGBuffs. here are some reasons why:

1. Pallys - take less screen space than PallyPower and communicates with PP
    2. Hot buttons for Sacred Shield / Beacon of Light or any other re-castable buff
    3. Auto buy reagents at any vendor to your preset level
    4. Auto learning based on your play style and can setup templates for raids / 5 mans and such.

Pretty much this is a much needed utility for any class that buffs. Additionally it will show all the buffs that are going out raid-wide so if you are the raid buff leader you can see what classes / players are getting and change as needed.

The ability to have the HOT buttons for your re-castable buffs like for my pally - Sacred Shield and Beacon of Light means that I can have a button on the screen next to Grid that I just click on to recast that buff on the target. Need to change targets one time - no problem just change then use the HOT button to recast on your original target.

Check it out.

No for as how to buff - as stated above each class has buff specific to them. Typically in a raid you see this:

1. Kings / Wisdom / Might from pallys (Sanctuary on Prots but that is self buff)
    2. Arcane Intell from Mages
    3. Fort / Spirit from Priests
    4. Mark of the Wild from Druids

These are your basic buffs that have a long duration and get refreshed at intervals.

Smaller duration buffs include but not limited to:

1. Guardian Spirit aka Wings
    2. Divine Protection - aka Pally Wings
    3. Blessing of Protection
    4. Hand of insert all the pally hand spells here
    5. Others I might have missed.

These are smaller in duration and are situational in their use. Wings is used to shield a target from damage as is #2 and #3 with BoP being used on DPS or other members besides the tank. ( BoP your highest DPS during a boss fight for fun sometimes)
    The Hand spells do similar things but are not widely used as they are situational as well.

This is a short and not complete list of things to buff in a raid from my viewpoint.
    Last edited by Hardline; 03-25-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
    1. Kings / Wisdom / Might from pallys (Sanctuary on Prots but that is self buff)
    No, BoSanc is not a self buff. It can be cast on all raid members and should be for certain fights

Quote Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
    2. Divine Protection - aka Pally Wings
    Divine Protection is a self buff, not one to be cast on others. Also, Pally Wings is used to refer to Avenging Wrath, not Divine Protection.

1. I meant that only prot pallys buff that one.

2. Right , sorry I meant to use Divine Guardian but not alot of pallys spec that either as it is situational as well.

And AW yes is called wings as well or as I like to macro - "Popping a Red Bull cause I got wings!!!!"

I found out how to do it...and I'm a holy preist. Anyone know a good holy preist raiding guide?

"We have two ears and one mouth for a reason." - Buddhist belief.

+ Reply to Thread