+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tier 8 vs Off-Set Models...

Tier 8 vs Off-Set Models...

Here's something that concerned me today. It could just be a PTR thing, but I'm not exactly sure.

I went to MaxDPS.com to see their new Ulduar tank gear list and atop the Warrior pauldron max defense set was this:

Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor - Item - World of Warcraft

Granted, they look like they don't have all of the gear stats calculated just yet or have the Tier 8 gear in their list just yet. Either way, that's beside the point.

I go to look at the armor and BAM! It's the same model as the warrior Tier 8 shoulders. It even says at the bottom "Same model as... Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor."

After some research, it looks like most of the warrior T8 is duplicated in plate for anyone.

Conqueror's Siegebreaker Breastplate - Item - World of Warcraft = Unbreakable Chestguard - Item - World of Warcraft

Conqueror's Siegebreaker Handguards - Item - World of Warcraft = Handguards of the Enclave - Item - World of Warcraft

Conqueror's Siegebreaker Greathelm - Item - World of Warcraft = Helm of the Faceless - Item - World of Warcraft

Conqueror's Siegebreaker Pauldrons - Item - World of Warcraft = Shoulderplates of the Deconstructor - Item - World of Warcraft

Conqueror's Siegebreaker Legguards - Item - World of Warcraft = Wyrmguard Legplates - Item - World of Warcraft

Does this mean that everyone and their plate wearing brothers could be running around in a warrior T8 lookalike set?
    "Feel the fury of the mountain!" ~ King Magni Bronzebeard, Lord of Ironforge

probably place holders to be used for testing stats, the models will likely change when 3.1 is released.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

They probably won't change it since they don't want people wearing clown suites.
    Told you so.

Ulduar Gear - Lackluster at BEST. - Wowraid Bluetracker

Make of that what you will. Crygil doesn't say that they're placeholders and seems to imply it's intentional. Of course he doesn't say that that's definitely how they will stay.

Yeah, the offset tank gear looks like the Warrior set, the DPS gear looks like the DK set and spellpower plate is that of Paladins.

Subtle hints? heh

Seems like Blizzard is in a lose - lose situation here. They make the gear match? People bitch. They make it all completely different? People bitch. Geez.
    Told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    Yeah, the offset tank gear looks like the Warrior set, the DPS gear looks like the DK set and spellpower plate is that of Paladins.

Subtle hints? heh
    Hahaha, your post made me laugh irl.

+ Reply to Thread