+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS DK turning Tank

DPS DK turning Tank

Hey guys,

So I just have a few questions for everyone that I need some answers too.

First off I will briefly explain the situation.
    I am currently Unholy DPS and doing fairly well mostly Naxx 25 geared with a couple exceptions. Our guild has a number of 10 man teams that raid naxx weekly and will of course move on to Ulduar as of 3.1 and we have unfortuantely had some members leave recently for more hard-core raiding guilds and it is currently looking like I am going to be speccing to Tank which isn't a problem as I played a Prot Warr for quite a while.
    I have built up a nice Tank set in anticipation and it consists of mainly Naxx 10 items, with the exception of a ring, cloak and trinks(trinks stil need to be acquired).

Onto my questions.
    To be a viable DK tank for 10's, what is the accepted dodge and parry % that I would need? I OT'd Gluth lastnight with no issues but I know that I will need to improve my stats to do a full clear. I beleive my dodge is around 16% and parry around 13% without being specced Tank. I just want to knwo some acceptable levels. I would link my Armoury however I am still in my DPS gear.

The build i am thinking of for 3.0.8 would be:
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Not sure how this ranks so I def need input here.

I would like to go Frost so please ignore Unholy builds.

Please if you would, offer me some of the vast Tankspot knowledge I know is floating around out there.

Thanks,
    Oni

Here's my Armoury link:
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    Last edited by Onideath; 03-24-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Armoury linked and post cleaned up.

You'll have to wait for a DK to tell you about your spec, but as to raw tanking if you're wearing all tank gear your avoidance levels will be fine especially since you've acquired Naxx10 tanking gear already. The key is you must always have at least 540 Defense Skill. If you can remember to do that then you'll be "eh" okay

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    If you can remember to do that then you'll be "eh" okay
    Love the Canada reference.
    And without Naxx Ring, Neck, Cloak and Trinks I am sitting at I think 535 def without my rune proccing.

Bladed armor > 2H spec. Swap the points there.

Drop ravenous dead, put that into Bladed Armor. Bladed armor has an increased value for a tank since it is affected by Frost Presence.

You'll need to find a place for Lichborne, as it's an excellent "oh shit" button.

Other than that, the spec looks OK. I think as-is, it's a bit short on threat (no BotN, subversion), but worry about surviving first, then adjust spec/glyphs for threat.

Also, what do you mean by rune procing? Are you referring to the Sigil?
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs View Post
    Also, what do you mean by rune procing? Are you referring to the Sigil?
    Ya sorry that was what I meant to put.... in clas and prof was coming haha

thanks for the advice on the build. still like some more info tho if possible from others

+ Reply to Thread