+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions on Hit and Trinkets

Suggestions on Hit and Trinkets

Here is my armory:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

This is the gear I typically use on bosses. For trash or heroics I put on my Fleshless Girdle, Inexorable Sabatons, Shadow of the Ghoul, and replace Defenders Code with my other Alchemy trinket with 100AP/50 Crit. My questions are:

1. What do you think of my trinket setup? I have the valor medal as well but I think I like the balance this combo of trinkets offer. Any suggestions on what I should do different or try to get over what I have now?

2. What is the minimum hit rating I should be going for? I think I'm a tad low right now. For some reason I thought we were shooting for 5% as a tank. Should I swap out gems to get there (I'd have to replace straight stam gems I think with hit/stam gems or just wait for some other/better gear? My chest is the last blue I need to replace with an Epic. I've been unlucky with chest token drops and am usually out DKP'd when the tokens drop in naxx 25 so my token gear is mostly 10 man right now.

I could be wrong, but I believe the hit cap for protection warriors is 9%. I wouldn't gem for hit, but there are quite a few pieces you can pickup that provide a lot of hit and expertise that you could use.

If you are looking for straight threat from your gear, then the Mark of Norgannon off of Malygos 25 is pretty much amazing for any threat set. I'd also look into the Gossamer trinket from heroic AN, it provides more stamina than the alchemy trinket and the protective bubble is somewhat nice when it actually does proc.

Also, if you're looking to make up some more hit, the softcap for expertise is 26. I used to have 196 hit and 33 expertise, switched some items out and got up to 236(8% hit) with 26 expertise and my tps jumped up quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Naglfar View Post
    I could be wrong, but I believe the hit cap for protection warriors is 9%. I wouldn't gem for hit, but there are quite a few pieces you can pickup that provide a lot of hit and expertise that you could use.

If you are looking for straight threat from your gear, then the Mark of Norgannon off of Malygos 25 is pretty much amazing for any threat set. I'd also look into the Gossamer trinket from heroic AN, it provides more stamina than the alchemy trinket and the protective bubble is somewhat nice when it actually does proc.

Also, if you're looking to make up some more hit, the softcap for expertise is 26. I used to have 196 hit and 33 expertise, switched some items out and got up to 236(8% hit) with 26 expertise and my tps jumped up quite a bit.
    As for the trinkets, do you think I should get gossamer and use that instead of the alch trinket? I thought the 75 stam/50 dodge was a nice balance. If I go with Gossamer, should I swap defenders code for valor medal to gain the dodge back? I know my expertise is a bit higher than what it really needs but if I swap exp/stam gems, I'll lose the bonuses and if I replace 24stam gems with hit/stam I'll lose a bunch of health. Just not sure if the hit is worth losing some of my "defensive" stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Naglfar View Post
    I could be wrong, but I believe the hit cap for protection warriors is 9%.
    It is 8%.

+ Reply to Thread