+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts and comments please.

Thoughts and comments please.

Well I'm new to the forums and pretty new to tanking with my warrior also. Having leveled fury then switch to protection at 70, never tanking burning crusade content. I'm pretty happy with my current gear and talents but constructive criticism is always welcome.

I'm aware of the obvious upgrades I need to look at like my Regal Protectorate, lack of shoulder enchant and Armsman on my newly aquired gloves but I have just not got around to it for various reasons. I've been lurking the forums a few days and read up on the advantages of Jewelcrafting, so I dropped engineering for it yesterday. As soon as I hit 540 defense I went to town with stamina. I've been told to chase after block rating, is this the right stat to go for or would dodge and/or parry be more suitable?

My only completed heroic has been UK, but I am hoping to get through heroic VH for the block trinket and pants, or heroic AN for the stamina trinket and belt. Is it worth replacing my current trinkets with the two mentioned in these heroics?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

Here is my armory link - The World of Warcraft Armory.

you're a JC so where are your 3 41stam gems? it's only like 3 easy dailies to craft those. Get the hodir shoulder enchant, the JC neck and Wrymcrest chest. So far your gear/talents look solid the only thing is like many new tanks you rush to do raids without working on your rep. Keep doing what you're doing run heroics get rep and get geared.

Never gem for parry. Try and get defense from gear only, then enchanting, then gemming if you're still having problems.
    Those solid JC gems are good for stam, but keep in mind you'll need more expertise to be able to hold your targets in raids. +8exp/+12stam purple comes to mind. Otherwise +8dodge/+12stam... these are the only 2 gems you should use in red sockets)
    And yes, rep is key... Tanks come under the most scrutiny in the game, they need to be able to take hits and survive. Not saying you need to have all the rep/heroics rewards before naxx, but it'll make it a lot easier if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by bludwork View Post
    You're a JC so where are your 3 41stam gems? Like I said, only picked up jewelcrafting yesterday. I have the pattern for the Solid dragon's eye and will get my first gem tomorrow after completing my 2nd JC daily.

Get the hodir shoulder enchant. I just hit revered with Argent Crusade for my head glyph this afternoon, Hodir and Wyrmrest are next.

The JC neck. I was throwing between the earthguard chain, waiting to get my badge necklace, or using this

The Wrymcrest chest. I'm 895/12000 honoured right now and was hoping to get to revered by wearing my Wyrmrest tabard now that I have completed my Argent Crusade rep, so this was next on my list.

So far your gear/talents look solid the only thing is like many new tanks you rush to do raids without working on your rep. I havent rushed to a raid (or even heroics) and won't go raiding for a while yet. On my main character through Burning Crusade, I reached exalted with at least 4 factions before I was revered with the Violet Eye from doing Karazhan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hire View Post
    Never gem for parry. Try and get defense from gear only, then enchanting, then gemming if you're still having problems. If you mean the gems in my neck and Monarch Crab, they were leftovers from leveling my Jewelcrafting, would not be permanent.

Those solid JC gems are good for stam, but keep in mind you'll need more expertise to be able to hold your targets in raids. +8exp/+12stam purple comes to mind. Otherwise +8dodge/+12stam... these are the only 2 gems you should use in red sockets). I will keep the Regal Twilight Opal and Guardian's Twilight Opal in mind, thanks.

And yes, rep is key... Tanks come under the most scrutiny in the game, they need to be able to take hits and survive. Not saying you need to have all the rep/heroics rewards before naxx, but it'll make it a lot easier if you do.
    I'm aiming for at least the entry-level Sons of Hodir shoulder enchant, as my Warrior doesnt have Scryer/Aldor rep. I will chase up the Wyrmrest Accord rep, I was not going to worry with the Kirin Tor for now.

Thanks a lot for the comments guys.

+ Reply to Thread