+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New PTR build and focused PvP testing

New PTR build and focused PvP testing

Warrior Changes

Arms

Rend - DoT duration increased to 15 seconds.

Juggernaut - Following a Charge, your next Slam ability has an additional 100% chance to critically hit if used within 10 sec.

Taste for Blood - Whenever your Rend ability causes damage, you have a 33/66/100% chance of allowing the use of your Overpower ability for 9 sec. 1 charge. This effect will not occur more than once every 6 sec.

Fury

Intimidating Shout - Tooltip fix? Range down to 8 yards from 10.

Improved Berserker Stance - Increases strength by 3/6/9/12/15% and reduces threat caused by 2/4/6/8/10% while in Berserker Stance. Changed from increasing attack power.

Protection

Warbringer - Your Charge, Intercept and Intevene abilities are now usable while in combat and in any stance. In addition, your Charge, Intercept and Intervene abilities will remove all movement impairing effects.

Improved Spell Reflection - Now only works for the 2/4 closest party members within 20 yards.
    [blizzard]We’re looking to do some focused PvP testing via the arenas on our public test realms. We encourage anyone who is interested to hop on the public test realms on Thursday March 26th and queue up for any rated arena bracket. Our development staff will be monitoring arena matches throughout the day, so come show us what you’re made of! [/blizzard]
    Source: World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Calling All PvPers – PTR Focus Testing

I'm not really wild about how much emphasis they're placing on arena PvP these days. Arena isn't the only kind of PvP going on!

The Warrior changes are nicer and nicer, but they still haven't addressed core issues with the class, and I don't really think they will with this patch. Back to another six-month wait, I guess.

Looks great, Arms warriors viable in pvp again
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Improved Berserker Stance - Increases strength by 3/6/9/12/15% and reduces threat caused by 2/4/6/8/10% while in Berserker Stance. Changed from increasing attack power.
    I love this change. I've always gone out of my way to stack strength and this will make us scale very nice

just did a quick calculation. This would give my TG Warrior + 180 Strength unbuffed

holy crap, prot warriors basically never need to leave defensive stance now with that. charge, intercept, and intervene, booyaka, all removing movement impairing effects. KITE THIS mofos!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

wow, I defiantly did not see any stance the first 5 times i read that thinking "thats what it does already"

that is pretty insane

booyaka!

oh man.. prot pvp is looking epic!

all prot warriors need is some damage and theyll be the most retarded things in the world lol. Ive been waiting for arms to get good again so i can level my warrior, that 100% slam looks nice but it hardly makes up for what arms warriors lack. Looks like taste for blood is back to where it was 3.0, maybe with the new changes to battle stance it would be viable to sit in bstance as opposed to zerker (the rage from constantly switching to pop overpower woiuld probably gimp you, although i heard something about them changing the stance switch mechanic completely). I dont really know if zerker stance is changing, all i know is that with the buffs to armor pen as a whole and the 15% armor pen chance with bstance it actually might be reasonable to sit in it.
    I just wish that sudden death got a little bit better...that talent was a beast when it first hit.
    Sup?

Quote Originally Posted by Beardly View Post
    all prot warriors need is some damage and theyll be the most retarded things in the world lol.
    Defensive stance now reduces damage output by 5% instead of 10% last time i checked.

So thats some extra dmg right there, with Shield Block gear on I can easily crit 5-7K shield slams.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

didnt know about that change. However, the problem with prot warriors in arena is that they really cant put out that much pressure (ie theyre pretty easy to recover from without much damage AND with their lack of an ms effect). Theyre still fun in BGs though lol
    Sup?

So did they remove the chance to be missed by spells part of IMP SR?

+ Reply to Thread