+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Slackors Macro

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6

    Slackors Macro

    Sorry im not very good at this but is there a macro that can help with keeping an eye on the aggro of the others in the raid?

    If for example, a caster pulls aggro from me, i want to do a raid announcement to say something like

    'watch your threat XXXX, pls keep an eye on your aggro!'

    I guess it would have something to do with a /raid whisper and my targetstarget.

    I dont mind if its not automatic, i can map it to a KB and just activate it when i've lost aggro.

    I would like to think that it will help control threat meters.

    Any suggestions?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    61
    Usually, a mob will announce that the tank lost aggro all by himself by hitting the caster in the face.

    You can output your targets name in chat macros via %t, e.g.:
    Code:
    /raid I'm attacking %t , please assist!
    There's also %f for your focus targets name but I don't think there's one for your targets target.

    What you could do is this:
    Code:
    /focus targettarget
    /raid Watch your threat %f, pls keep an eye on your aggro!
    /clearfocus
    Bind it to a key and try. Didn't test it myself yet.
    It will clear your focus target, make sure you don't need it for anything more important. ^^

    There may be some easier workaround using LUA script.
    Last edited by Khayra; 03-23-2009 at 05:35 PM.
    Supreme Gnomish Tanking since 2007.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15
    I don´t know if i get your question right here (please forgive me as english is not my native language),But as far as im concerned, you need to press a key to trigger a macro.Should´nt you better use taunt i.e or it doesn´t matter anyways because if you lose the threat your target will die no matter what you do ?
    The best evidence that there has to be intelligent live in the universe, is that no one ever tried to contact us. - Calvin & Hobbes -

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by Joli View Post
    I don´t know if i get your question right here (please forgive me as english is not my native language),But as far as im concerned, you need to press a key to trigger a macro.Should´nt you better use taunt i.e or it doesn´t matter anyways because if you lose the threat your target will die no matter what you do ?
    Well taunt only works after you've lost aggro.

    The idea of this is to create an early warning for DPS too busy competing with each other on the damage meters to see they're about to cause a wipe.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Eisen View Post
    The idea of this is to create an early warning for DPS too busy competing with each other on the damage meters to see they're about to cause a wipe.
    That would be usefull but it's not what the OP says.
    I dont mind if its not automatic, i can map it to a KB and just activate it when i've lost aggro.
    In this scenario, taunt would be the best option, but you could just add /cast taunt to the macro.
    FWIW, I don't think the macro is very useful either, because being hit in the face gets your attention just as good as a raid warning.
    Last edited by Khayra; 03-23-2009 at 06:16 PM.
    Supreme Gnomish Tanking since 2007.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Eisen View Post
    Well taunt only works after you've lost aggro.

    The idea of this is to create an early warning for DPS too busy competing with each other on the damage meters to see they're about to cause a wipe.
    I totally agree with you. But if the folks on the "guns" are not able to recognize the "woooosh" from omen or similar addons, a macro that the guy who´s keeping the bunch alive has to trigger , is not very usefull.
    The best evidence that there has to be intelligent live in the universe, is that no one ever tried to contact us. - Calvin & Hobbes -

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6
    Ok, thanks for the feedback all.

    I guess what i really meant that is during an encounter im often asked by the RL who pulled aggro during an encounter...whilst im busy enough using my taunt/CS/HT as mentioned above, i just want to be able tell the RL who wasnt on their game.

    Ofc my number one priority is to regain aggro but if there was a way to let dps know who it is either during or after the encounter, this would help me.

    perhaps something like damage meters or bb could help? i dont know but would appreciate comments.

    Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts