+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking For Spec Advice for Prot DPS

Looking For Spec Advice for Prot DPS

Hi, been tanking for a few months. Currently my spec allows me to tank any content but i want to start maximising my DPS, i am considering a move to Deep Wounds. I'm just curious if Deep wounds would be better spent than crulety and if i should take talent points out of Shield Specialization. Also does Deep wounds tick threat on targets as well. Any other enchant tips or general advice is also appreciated.

Thanks for any advice.

Amory The World of Warcraft Armory

There have been enough posts explaining the 15/5/51 build I think, reading one of them would be a lot better for you to understand. But, if you don't want to do that, then the simple answer is that it's probably the best spec if you want to maximize your dps/threat.

In terms of your gear, try and pick up a little more exp so you can hit the 26 softcap. Hit is a little low and again, try to pick up gear that can bring you closer to 8%. Bear in mind that you should gear for the encounter, so there's no point regemming or using pieces of gear which might get you killed while tanking (if you're still struggling in naxx for example).

One place you can swap gear around easily is your Essence of Gossamer. If you feel you have enough hp for a fight, you can take it out for a threat trinket like the drop from Heroic Naxx (+hit) or Mark of Norganna (+exp).

Im mainly looking for validation of my spec and the question regarding deep wounds.

EDIT: ok ive read into a few 15/5/51 threads and i just need one of my questions answered. Does Deep wounds tick threat after its applied.

After further reading ill use my mally exp trink (will put me over 26) and regem a few sockets.
    Last edited by azn; 03-23-2009 at 01:59 AM.

Deep wounds will continue to do threat for the dmg done on every tick. So yes you will apply threat based on the dot from DW

+ Reply to Thread