+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 15/5/51 Question

15/5/51 Question

I am currently using Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

But I see most tanks using
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

I cant figure out why you would gimp your block like that, I know rage isn't a issue in raids. I have had no threat issues with my current build even against 4k and 5k dps in 10 man and 25 man naxx.

I am tempted to get Deep Wounds but don't want to gimp my block in the process. Also why are people putting points into Imp HS my glyph's are blocking sunder armor and revenge. I get free HS's so no reason to put points into the talent.

I have MT'ed all of Naxx 10 successfully and OT'ed most of Naxx 25 with no threat problems so I am just wondering why I see this spec as being the standard for most warriors.

With how easy the content is right now, you don't need all the mitigation possible, hence leaving the 2-3 points out of Shield Specialization. They do it to up their DPS aka Threat because they can (which is why it's standard). From your spec, I'd honestly just take the points from Booming Voice and probably one from Focused Rage to get Deep Wounds if I wanted it. Just because the majority of others "gimp" their block doesn't mean you need to

As for Improved Heroic Strike, it all comes down to glyphs. Just because you have Revenge to get free ones, doesn't mean others do. If they do not have the glyph(s) of Revenge (or Heroic Strike) they will put points into imp HS just to help them not run out of rage as fast

3% is hardly gimping your block, especially considering the relative mitigation of block in raids. It's nothing you will ever notice in reality. 15/5/51 is not only a high threat spec but a high damage spec as well, and damage is now one of our jobs too. Not to mention that higher damage is higher threat. Same with improved HS, more heroic strikes is more threat and damage. You aren't seeing people catch you in threat right now (assuming the DPS you're running with is geared similarly), but a hunter or mage with best in slot gear will be chasing you, absolutely, and in fights like Malygos you will be threat capping your DPS generally.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

In an endless rage scenario you should spam Heroic Strike every swing, not just when your glyph gives a free one .

Yeah i'm constantly queuing up HS with Devastate every chance I get in Raids. Thank you all for the reply I will give it a shot then and see on my next naxx run. I usually pull 1.3k dps in heroics haven't really looked much in Naxx

Basically, while block is a decent tanking stat, the relative power of 3 talent points in Deep Wounds (increasing your damage by 5-10%) is greater. That's really all there is to it.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

well if you don't mind not having incite.. this is my spec, and it works wonders
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Is DW still worth it after the nerf. Or is crulty your better pick now

Quote Originally Posted by Synnaminbun View Post
    well if you don't mind not having incite.. this is my spec, and it works wonders
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    Seems to me you are taking alot away from your aoe tanking ability.
    ATT gives AP for Block and not having Incite takes from you crit all together. There are better ways to get to DW, MY block set gives me 28% block even with only 2 points in it.

DW didn't really get nerfed too badly - in fact, I believe most theorycrafted comparisons assumed it wasn't bugged, which would leave the result the same.

I'm a fan of DW and specced into it after they removed the double dipping bug.

I'll take every bit of threat gen I can on fights like Maly25. I have some BiS mages/locks really riding my ass on those fights.

+ Reply to Thread