+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dodge or parry?

Dodge or parry?

I just dropped mining on my prot warrior for JC. Is there a consensus on which would be a better investment for my first dragon's eye cut, dodge or parry?

Quote Originally Posted by Feydakeen View Post
    I just dropped mining on my prot warrior for JC. Is there a consensus on which would be a better investment for my first dragon's eye cut, dodge or parry?
    Stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
    Stamina.

By dropping mining you just lost 50 stamina. But if your HP is okay you dont need to stack stamina. Parry has a huge curve for DR, go with dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by IceHaus151 View Post
    By dropping mining you just lost 50 stamina. But if your HP is okay you dont need to stack stamina. Parry has a huge curve for DR, go with dodge.
    Doesn't change the fact that stamina is still the best choice. If OP for some reason is absolutely sure taht he wants avodiance, dodge is indeed better than aprry, but if he is paladin or warrior, defense is also soemthing worth considering - slightly less pure avoidance than dodge, but some block instead.

Still, u get the max bonus from having it combined with BS Xtra sockets. Try going for the one that benefits your specific gear right now, i mean, if yo have heavy def gear, go avoid. (dodge). u might even consider a +def untill you get the def from other pieces.
    Tanking since 14/feb/2006
    May all your Hits be crits

honestly? 1 def dragon's eye in your trinket, the rest stam Or hit, since that's always a pain in the butt.

Don't gem for avoidance, defense, hit, or expertice if you can help it, do your best to get it from gear/enchants.

IMO, only use dragon's eyes for stamina. Use them in RED sockets first, yellow second, and NEVER put a gragons eye in a blue or prismatic socket. With three dragon's eyes, you should only have blue and yellow sockets left, use +stam gems for the blues, and +def+stam for the yellows.

u might even consider a +def untill you get the def from other pieces.
    Don't gem for avoidance, defense, hit, or expertice if you can help it, do your best to get it from gear/enchants.
    Wow, there's a lot of bad advice in this thread. Defense is better in most situations because of the additional block chance it provides, and the fact that it is pretty darn close to dodge as it is.

If you had 400 dodge rating, that's 9.488% avoidance. If you had 400 defense rating, that's 9.255% avoidance, plus 3.25% block chance (which isn't affected by DRs, btw). That's only a loss of 1/40th the avoidance, with the tradeoff being 3.25% increased block chance.

Personally, I'd never get the dodge gem, just the stamina and the defense gem.

(BTW everyone, NEWS FLASH: Defense Rating is still awesome over 540)

+ Reply to Thread