+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few warrior tank questions

A few warrior tank questions

I have a few questions to ask more experienced warrior tanks. See I'm able to MT in 10-mans and OT in 25-mans now. Here are a few questions:

1. What stats should I focus on building to MT current 25-mans and do you have any suggestions concerning getting there? (Note: I plan to one day max smithing and get max jc to socket 41-stam prismatics...once I have time, of course. RL calls me all too often atm)
    2. Any PTR ppl able to tell me what the starting stats should be for a warrior tank seeking to even OT and later stats to MT in the new Ulduar raid that will come next patch?
    3. I'm stuck in this phase where I have plenty of def to lose for hp and avoidances, but I keep juggling hp and avoidances when getting new gear. I either lose hp and gain avoidances or vice versa. I know of a few things to get that would pull me out of that phase(I mentioned one option in question 1). Any other things I can do as well and any gear suggestions to keep my hp high while building my avoidances and maybe some hit and all to pump my threat up?

Please respond soon. If there is no link to my armory..I am Scythias on Cho'gall.
    "You bought it at Fred's, four for a dollar."
    -My 11th grade Physics Teacher

As a main tank or off tank there is no one set you should focus on for all encounters. Good tanks build 3-4 sets for different situations depending on the encounter. You should focus on building an effective health set, an avoidance set and a threat set. A big key to doing this is keep all your tank gear that you get. Even if you find you may not use it atm you'll find that for instance the repelling charge you may need for future sets, so don't vendor/delete those items until you're confident you'll never use them.

Well I really don't have the time to build up multiple sets for one role. Is there not a one size fits all set?
    "You bought it at Fred's, four for a dollar."
    -My 11th grade Physics Teacher

Well I really don't have the time to build up multiple sets for one role.
    Surely if you're running naxx, you're getting tanking plate drops that are no longer upgrades for other tanks.

I pick up any tanking piece (within reason) of similar quality to what I already have - the difference in stats is incredibly useful when you're trying different things. You can definitely build a "balanced" set, but consider that the only fight it would be useful on would be a "balanced" boss - and those don't really exist.

If you're set on having one set, you should try coordinating with your other tanks; one of you can focus on avoidance, the other on stam, for example. This way you can swap out on fights where one is better than the other.

Start with the pieces that drop and work from there.

There isn't truly a 'one-size fits all' tank set, but you can build a balanced set and work from there.

Don't worry too much about having too much def. You'll find you get something new fairly rapidly and then have to rethink everything. Def is a good stat even past the soft cap.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

+ Reply to Thread