+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boss Emotes

Boss Emotes

I'm a very minimalist player, now that Blizz has a threat meter, I've uninstalled Diamond Threat Meter. Needless to say I've never used Big Wigs or DBM. But someone in the raid almost always has it. So I was wondering, those boss emotes. Is that native to the game? Or are these mods adding them in. Emotes like: Anub'rekhan beings to cast Locus Swarm! Grobbulus Injects you with Mutagen!

Well sometimes it does though some of them are in the game itself.
    I love tanking . "He organized your library? I am impressed." Anduin Lothar to Medivh about Khadgar.

Boss mods generally do three things:

- make the built-in emotes more noticeable (typically by putting them front and centre and making a sound)

- keeping track of timed scripted events and alerting you as to when they are coming

- alerting you to statuses of other players (debuffs for example)

It seems to me that in wrath, there are more built-in system messages on boss fight than in TBC. But the timers certainly aren't part of the bigger UI, and the debuffs on other players isn't consistent.

The yellow text emotes now show up in the middle of the screen with a sound alert as part of the default UI. If i'm raiding on my old laptop i turn off all mods except Omen and i still get them.

+ Reply to Thread