+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Help on my TPS

Need Help on my TPS

I had a question, i'm almost full epics, naxx and heroics gear. The problem that i am having is my dps in a raid is around 900-1000 as Prot, when i see other warriors push, 1600 easy as Prot. Is there a rotation that I don't not know about. Please help me.

Your post is slightly blank. Im sure one of the people here if not me can help if you give a link to your armory/talents.

Deep wounds adds a lot more dps than you think

The World of Warcraft Armory

Here you go, I hope this helps

A big portion of your overall dps comes from AE abilities on trash packs. spam cleave, TC, and shockwave. With the cleave glyph and a slow weapon I can hit 4k dps on trash packs.

On bosses, keep HS up as much as you can without sacrificing revenge and SS. And of course the DW standard tank build never hurts.

Gag Order and its 10% shield slam damage increase would also be a huge boost to damage and make caster pulls much easier on yourself.

(Standard Deep Wounds build for the record in case you aren't aware - WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Warrior -> Talent Calculator)

As a side note gemming for parry is not the best idea on account of getting less per gem than you would from just about anything else. Def or dodge for avoidance or expertise for threat/damage.

I'll throw my 2 cents into the bucket here.

If you are Rage starved because your not tanking in a raid (Such as when a fight as Thaddius comes around ) It will cause a severe lack in DPS. If your looking for a optimal tank rotation I use here it is.

- Bloodrage, HS, Devastate, HS, Devastate, HS, Sunder Armor, Shield Slam, Rend, shockwave, (In this rotation this is single target = Hs, Multi-target = Cleave)

Also the lack of hit might be a problem. If you can supply a link to your current gear from armory please do. Otherwise if you don't follow a rotation your not going to get anywhere. Make sure if there is more than 2 mobs to cleave the others off a base then tab target to single target one and cleave the other.
    Around and Around the clock goes... Will it stop?
    WHO CARES! Oak - Akama | US |

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshlinn View Post
    I'll throw my 2 cents into the bucket here.

If you are Rage starved because your not tanking in a raid (Such as when a fight as Thaddius comes around ) It will cause a severe lack in DPS. If your looking for a optimal tank rotation I use here it is.

- Bloodrage, HS, Devastate, HS, Devastate, HS, Sunder Armor, Shield Slam, Rend, shockwave, (In this rotation this is single target = Hs, Multi-target = Cleave)

Also the lack of hit might be a problem. If you can supply a link to your current gear from armory please do. Otherwise if you don't follow a rotation your not going to get anywhere. Make sure if there is more than 2 mobs to cleave the others off a base then tab target to single target one and cleave the other.
    There is no optimal threat rotation as a warrior. Instead we have a priority queue, which is all over the forums here but primarily goes... SS > Revenge > Shockwave > Devastate.

For threat be sure you're hit capped and then work on your expertise.

If you want threat, then focus on building up your Block Rating and Block Value.

Check out my Armory.

I have around 20% Parry and 20% Dodge. 32% Block. The more block value you have, the higher the threat. This is very good to tank more than 4 mobs.

Usually in heroics, I tank only 4 or 5 mobs at the same time with my other set of gears. With this setup, I could tank as many as 10-12 mobs at the same time without losing aggro.

I change gears all the time. Tanking 4 to 10 mobs, I use this setup (32% Block). Tanking boss, I will use a more balance setup 20%/20%/20% with higher health. If a fight requires a lot of dodges, I will use Dodge gears.

Also make sure you have 2/2 Damage Shield in your Protection talent tree.

Moved to appropriate forum. Please read rules and regulations located at the top of each forum or in my signature before posting new threads.

We also have a very good search function and typing in Warrior Threat Rotation probably would've solved your problem.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread