+ Reply to Thread

Thread: seeking balance

seeking balance

The World of Warcraft Armory
    would like some opinions regarding my chants,gems, and gear upgrades.
    I always feel im lacking somewhere somehow, need advice from a diffrent perspective.

after i posted this i stumbled onto a post bout gemming,veneretio made a comment bout he wouldnt personally gem for strength...i have 3-4 gems with strength..is this something i should change? my reasoning behind strength was more strength more attck power/block=more threat..am i off base here?

65 veiws and no comments..come on theres gotta be someone somewhere who wants to give me there opinion...i just want some critism....plz..anyone..would you roll my toon?

IMO the biggest contribution to your threat is hit and expertise. You seem to have fairly good numbers in those slots. That is the point at which I would recommend getting more stamina till survivability becomes a bit more trivial. With survivability less of a concern you can keep your rotation more threat based when that matters. I'm also a big fan of being able to swap in some other gear pieces that are more threat based. Basically have a second setup of gear for different situations in tanking. However for the pieces that you use for both sets I would gem and enchant them for more survivability.

I agree with Superspy, you've got good numbers in Hit and Expertise, (I assume you raid with a mix of Shadow Priest, Boomkin, and Drenai for maximum hit buff) So I would swap the +8 Str/+8 hit for +8 hit/+12 Stamina green gems for a bit more HP while maintaining your hit rating. That would be an overall gain of 60 stamina.

+ Reply to Thread