+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looks like a wall stats like a wooden fence.

Looks like a wall stats like a wooden fence.

With the coming out of tier 8 a couple of days ago I've been extremely disapointed with the protection paladin one. While our warrior brothers have been buffed a lot with their 4p bonus we are left behind with well a almost useless skill. I've also been comparing the stats of these armors and I've come up with this (based on the 25man):

Paladin set

Armor total: 9538
    Strenght total: 491
    Stamina total: 671
    Extra stamina from socket bonus: 45
    Defense rating: 268 (54,5%)
    Dodge rating: 153 (4,01%)
    Parry rating: 147 (3,05%)
    Shield block rating: 43 (2,62%)
    Block value: 136

Gem slots:

Meta slot: 1
    Yellow slot: 2
    Blue slot: 1
    Red slot: 4

Set bonus:

2p: Increases the damage done by your seals by 10%.
    4p: Shield of Righteousness now increases your shield block value by 225 for 3 sec.

Warrior set:

Armor total: 9538
    Strenght total: 443
    Stamina total: 671
    Extra socket bonus stamina: 9
    Defense rating: 257 (52.26%)
    Extra defense rating from socket bonus: 14 (2,84%)
    Dodge rating: 217 (5,68%)
    Extra dodge rating from socket bonus: 8 (0,21%)
    Parry rating: 60 (1,24%)
    Shield block rating: 51 (3,11%)
    Shield block value: 166
    Hit rating: 49 (1,49%)
    Expertise rating: 49 (5,98%)

Gem slots:
    Meta slots: 1
    Blue slots: 4
    Yellow slots: 3

Set bonus:

2p: Increases the critical strike chance of your devastate ability by 10%.
    4p: Shield Block also grants you 20% reduction to magical damage taken.

The data of these sets can be found at these links at MMO-Champion:
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ladin_tank.jpg
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ladin_tank.jpg

So seeing these sets I draw these conclusions (please feel free to correct me) the warrior set is superior in both the hit and expertise and slightly in the avoidence side and of course due to the set bonus in magical tanking. The paladin set however is superior in a bit more strenght and more stamina in the slot bonus however it is much lower in avoidence with only parry higher and no hit and expertise. So the conclusion I draw from this is that blizzard wants you as a paladin to gem for avoidence and keep to trash tanking at least on magical bosses. And they want the warrior to gem for stamina more and give you warriors the ability to tank large damage magic bosses. Well at least better.

Being a paladin tank myself I feel pretty much stepped on my toes by this as we also get a libram that gives us even more block rating (I think not sure anymore any corrections?) which well is kinda rubbish since we already got to the block cap in Naxx gear. GC gave a response to the complaints about the pala 4p bonus which was:
    "The way we want 4piece t8 for Prot paladins to work is that the Shield of Righteousness also benefits from that extra SBV. We can try to make the tooltip a little cleaner."-GC

Now personally this just is injustice to us paladins don't get me wrong I'm happy for you warriors really but we had up till now the same weakness with magic tanking which most of the bosses in Ulduar are going to be. We are stuck with a libram from heroics and have just about gotten the worst possible 4p bonus so I'm kinda mad.

At least this is what I think any other thoughts?
    Last edited by Roton; 03-22-2009 at 06:03 AM.
    I love tanking . "He organized your library? I am impressed." Anduin Lothar to Medivh about Khadgar.

Having a fantastic 4 piece bonus like that is not as great as it sounds. It is a bonus that may keep warriors in T8 gear. Magic damage reduction of that magnitude should be a baseline skill, or not in game at all. Giving it to a set bonus is not a great way to implement it.

Personally I am unhappy with the T8 bonuses and libram for pallies as well, but I think set bonuses should always be something which can get better the next tier to not keep people in lesser tiered gear.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseDK View Post
    Having a fantastic 4 piece bonus like that is not as great as it sounds. It is a bonus that may keep warriors in T8 gear. Magic damage reduction of that magnitude should be a baseline skill, or not in game at all. Giving it to a set bonus is not a great way to implement it.

Personally I am unhappy with the T8 bonuses and libram for pallies as well, but I think set bonuses should always be something which can get better the next tier to not keep people in lesser tiered gear.
    You have a point but blizzard could keep the bonus in the set but my main problem is that pally's are well kinda being put into thrash tanking like this with all other 3 classes buffed for magic tanking but not paladins.
    I love tanking . "He organized your library? I am impressed." Anduin Lothar to Medivh about Khadgar.

Blizzard basically screwed paladin tanks by letting them skip too many stats - expertise and block rating. Now, if they would itemize your set with only things you do need, it would be clearly superior to other classes sets.

Solution: skip the tier set, nothing forces you to get it. Warriors have amazing and overpowered 4 piece bonus, but it forces us into 4/5 tier 8, which has poor stats compared to offset pieces.

I agree with your sentiments, but please call it trash, as per what it is, and not thrash.
    Its a pet peeve of mine and makes me want to throttle you everytime I see it written. Very hard to pay attention to what you're saying when something like that is being said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalphir View Post
    I agree with your sentiments, but please call it trash, as per what it is, and not thrash.
    Its a pet peeve of mine and makes me want to throttle you everytime I see it written. Very hard to pay attention to what you're saying when something like that is being said.
    Fixed thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by MouseDK View Post

The problem I see with the Warrior T8 4-piece is that it is quite literally game-changing.

It changes what CDs Warriors will be using on magic bosses, it changes what tank might be tanking any given boss, it changes the gear that a warrior would wear for a magic-damage boss. It very much changes a CD mechanic for the Warrior class and affects the other tanking class (primarily Paladins) as well. All this... for a set bonus??? How did that sound balanced to the devs?

The Paladin 4-piece failing is a totally different issue. The primary problem there is not necessarily that the Paladin one is bad... it's just that the warrior one is so good. Also... Warriors get almost the exact same thing in the form of a 100% uptime Glyph... Glyph of Blocking
    Paladin --- "A paragon of chivalry; a heroic champion."
    <Journey> is recruiting, visit www.wowjourney.com for information and class needs.

+ Reply to Thread