+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost at how to progress

Lost at how to progress

Hey guys, just wanted to ask you your opinion.

As a Death Knight.

I can currently get my Def to 535 and Hp to 27.4k or, by switching out a couple pieces, I could do 546 Def and 25.6k hp . I want to run heroics and I am not sure how best to go. After the 535 Def cap would more help me in Heroics? Would it help more than 2k hp?

I haven't had any luck getting heroic groups, I get whispers asking me my hp and then they respond "27k hp is a little low....."

No wonder this game is so short on tanks. People require you to have gear thats better than the content. Sometimes I get so tempted to go DPS DK just like the millions of other dks.

Anyhoo, thanks for any responses.

I would leave an armory link but it seems to be down for maintenance today.
    Last edited by Wharghoul; 03-19-2009 at 10:05 AM. Reason: about not providing an armory link

sadly that's the case Whar, once people are geared up, they get spoiled by 25man raid tanks who have 30k+ hp. there's absolutely no reason you can't tank heroics in EITHER setup, one is more avoidance focused i presume and the other is more EH focused. I'd say the 2k hp outweights the small defense gains though. Sadly these people just exist and will give new tanks hell. Get into a good guild and just do guild runs.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Well as I'm a pala I don't know DK standards but with those comments yeah they suck but often people are idiots I once had a comment that as I tanked Naxx hc wanted to do VH hc with around 28k hp well your a bit low don't want wipefest. It largely depends on skill I know people who did Naxx in blues with tanks at around say 22k yes I know ain't that much but they still could do it because they were SKILLED and def capped. So my advice (finally) think about your skill honestly and if your good enough go for it.

P.S. (Trinket in HoL norm helps)
    I love tanking . "He organized your library? I am impressed." Anduin Lothar to Medivh about Khadgar.

Thanks very much. I had suspected that I should be set for heroics. Think I'll prolly stick wth the hp gear for now, just to appease the masses.

I've run HoL approximately 20 times now, have yet to see that trinket drop. I'm about to log in now and get a group going for HoL, lol.

With a good healer (and decent DPS), you're plenty geared for heroics.

I hit 80 on Monday, was at like 499 defense and 20k life in greens and blues, and off-tanked Naxx and started running heroics immediately. Being crittable is not actually a big deal if you don't fight anything that can one shot you and your healer is good.

We 4-manned COT timed Tuesday, the day after I hit 80, and I was still way crittable.

It all depends on whether you can convince other players to run with you. The instances themselves are whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wharghoul View Post
    Thanks very much. I had suspected that I should be set for heroics. Think I'll prolly stick wth the hp gear for now, just to appease the masses.

I've run HoL approximately 20 times now, have yet to see that trinket drop. I'm about to log in now and get a group going for HoL, lol.
    I know how you feel took me 24 times exact so don't give up (25% drop rate right). And just so you know 2 divine items drop from Azjol Nerub hc a belt and trinket and they were just as hard for me. But don't give up you'll get them................................eventually.
    I love tanking . "He organized your library? I am impressed." Anduin Lothar to Medivh about Khadgar.

Quote Originally Posted by Wharghoul View Post
    I haven't had any luck getting heroic groups, I get whispers asking me my hp and then they respond "27k hp is a little low....." .

You probably don't realize it, but that's great. It seems to be an easy way, to avoid playing with idiots. I should give that a try.

My First Heroic

Just to let you know, My first Heroic was done with 23k health and about 510 def. It was ugly yes, but we got it done. You could easily tank the majority of Naxx with the 540 def set imo.

Good Luck

+ Reply to Thread