+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.1 Blacksmithing Tank Items

3.1 Blacksmithing Tank Items

When MMO-Champion reported the new Blacksmithing Tank Items
    Indestrubtible Plate Girdle, Indestructible Plate Girdle - Item - World of Warcraft, and Spiked Deathdealers, Spiked Deathdealers - Item - World of Warcraft, they had Dodge and Expertise and Dodge and Hit.

Its interesting that the actual recipes on wowhead (Indestructible Plate Girdle - Spell - World of Warcraft and Spiked Deathdealers - Spell - World of Warcraft), have the original stats that MMO-Champion reported, but the items crafted from those recipes have Parry on them instead of Exp/Hit.

Anyone have any ideas on which its going to be?

I noticed this too and I am guessing they decided to change it somewhere along the line and not give us all the hit and expertise. I'm still debating if I'll be making them with the new stats or not.

Yeah, I have 20 titansteel bars to get rid of if the stats are changed.

I started saving up mats when I saw original post.

you linked the same ones in post sentences, cuase they both show dodge/parry. i would rather see exp/hit rather than parry though...if it gets changed, ill stock up on mats.

It looks like the recipe for the Spiked Dealdealers changed from yesterday to show the Parry. But as of right now the recipe for the belt still shows it having hit..

Think We'll Get a Real Tanking Enchant?

yea

Don't forget we can add another socket to that belt. The JC's are getting richer and richer

For crafted Items I don't think they are too bad. They are certiantly geared towards avoidance but with a total of 5 sockets between the two it is possible to gem for a decent amount of threat stats if you need them. All in all I you can pull off 32-48 exp, 16-32 hit, and 42 stam (with socket bonuses) if you you went for the bonuses and even more if you disregarded them all together. Lets face it DPS and TPS is nice but in the long run our first job is to stay alive so the real DPS can attack the boss with out getting hit. As long as we have enough threat to make that happen the rest is just icing on the cake in progression. IMO.

I love sockets and buckles. So nice to be able to tweak something a little the way you prefer. And which ever way they end up, still might be able to sell a few of these so that is good. All I really do anymore is craft stuff to DE.. I really really wish they would being back a BS only tanking/DPS weapon(s).

I feel ya Nex. But then again, we do have some nice stuff. The sockets, belt buckles, 40bv shield plate, shield spike, and weapon chain. All these things still have places in certain gear sets. I love doing dailies in my BR/BV set with a shield spike.

It would be nice though if they made a craftable weapon using the runed orbs.

+ Reply to Thread