+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unholy DK Tank

Unholy DK Tank

I am new to tanking so I thought it would be a good idea to get some feedback on my gear and spec. I understand the mechanics of DK tanking fairly well, but it's always nice to get another point of view. My main concern is building up my dodge/parry ratings. I know that alot of it will come with gear from Nax and beyond, but at present I still have issues if my healer isn't absolutely fantastic. I would like to stay Unholy for the time being since Heroics are what I am mostly doing right now. I intend to research what will work best after 3.1 comes out. Here is my Armory page The World of Warcraft Armory

I have only been lvl 80 for about 2 weeks on my DK, but still, i have tanked some heroics and also raids.

first of all, I would rank an unholy DK as an offtank specc for say: OS, where you controll many adds, or good for heroics.

for the specc, it seems like you have missed out on some important talents, I would recommend a specc that looks more like
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/deathknight/talents.html?tal=00550000000000000000000000030500000000000000000000 00000035230330020105250011003133151

the impurity, Holy blight, scourge strike and Bladed armor is a really good source of threat.

as unholy, you donīt want to use Oblierate, you want to use Scourge strike instead, since you can pop it as long as you have the diseases up, and if you have more than 10 points in frost tree i would give you an advice to have Lich bourne instead of annihilation, since it increases chance to miss you (after 3.1.0 it will be gone, but for now atleast)

as you can see, i have left out the unholy command, that is because i have the glyph instead, and when pulling 3-4 mobs, i hopefully get the glyph to procc atleast once, and I also have Virulence. that is nice to have a better percentage to get the diseases to catch on to the targets(atleast, i hope)

Thank you

+ Reply to Thread