+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinions and Questions

Opinions and Questions

I'd like to have you guys opinions this is the spec i have been running around with since i have started raiding 25man my guild has currently cleared all but sarth +3 due to lack of a DK/druid tank. I've MTed every boss very rarely running into threat issues if any at all.

Current Spec (armory will be different cause i been playing around to see about better TPS)
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warrior/talents.html?tal=35020000200000000000000000000030000000000000000000 0000000043351225003012521330113321

Armory Profile (currently trinkets are set for threat i switch them to the parry trinket from sapp and the dodge trinket from badges for avoidance)
    The World of Warcraft Armory

I've read alot of posts saying Puncture is a waste of talent points i understand the comments behind why and such, and i know the topic of it procing SoB have been covered. But looking at all my WWS reports having puncture and imp HS combined with Focused rage i still have HS leading by a large margin in # with SS in second. I use a simple macro of
    /cast Heroic Strike
    /cast Devastate
    /startattack
    This is my primary spam key the down fall to it is that you have to be careful and watch your GCDs a bit more careful as to not wast them on a accidental dev.
    But anyways my question is would removing the 3 points from puncture and just spamming HS unless sunders need refreshing will that really be a gain since im basically eliminating the point behind SoB since for the most part it will now only be procing from revenge which the CD for revenge is as bad as the CD for SS? I can see there are places i should toss those talents besides punture since rage for a MT normally isn't an issue andprobably gain more TPS from another ability IE Deep Wounds or cruelty but should i eliminate my macro then and just go to devs for initial and then HS spams mixing a dev in when i need sinder refreshed?

Sorry this post is kinda jumbled together but yeah and i'm sure the issues have been talked about before but i guess i'm just not convinced or something idk?

HS takes a back seat to anything on the GCD if rage is an issue. I'm not entirely sure what situation you are referring to when you're suggesting dropping Devastate for HS - there's none that I know of where that would make any sense.

Devastate is typically used once, rarely twice between Shield Slams. Out of the three rage-reducing talents, Puncture thus covers the smallest section of rage cost and is in that light already very weak. Considering that we're in near-infinite rage at most times, it becomes even more lackluster.

its not really a lack of rage issue more would costing 3 rage more decrease the amount of times its cast in turn lowering the proc rate of SoB, using all abilities i've been able to drop my rage back to 0 during some boss fights along with trash having a SS proc every few seconds and being able to tab through the crowd can be nice when out pallys are missing from the raid to tank. For my rotations its normal SS-Rev-HS/Dev-HS/dev-CB-repeat normally during the GCD im also spamming the macro cause it still queus HS just have to stop when the GCD is about to be finished or u requeu Dev.

Before you post, make sure you have read the Posting & Chat Rules
    Top of just about every page on this site.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

+ Reply to Thread