+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UI advice

UI advice

First off, here's a pic of my current UI:

And here's my questions:

1) HUD addons- I'm using MetaHuD right now, but it's not as customizable as I'd like. Are they any other good ones out there? Having a hard time finding much.

2) Unitframes. I've used Pitbull, AG, and X-perl. And I can never decide! What do you all prefer? And if I use X-perl, it appears to disable the focus frame if I disable target...is there a way around that?

3) I'm running WoW at 1900x1200. Why does it seem like I don't have nearly as much screen space as people running lower resolutions? I saw a UI shot here running 1680x1050, and it seemed like he had so much more info in so much LESS space!

Thanks in advance!

I'd just scale down your action bars a bit. Other than that, I'm not a big fan of HUDs, in my opinion they take up too much space, and I prefer to keep the middle of the screen clear. Also, maybe add your buffs as a second row under your debuffs, to keep them in the same general area?

1)
    Pick or choose

2)Unit frames is a matter of opinion depending on your primary focus. Also you wanna take into consideration the amount of problems it might give you. Just pick one if they are even.

3)Like Molohk said, in order to free up room you gotta scale your UI down. All your menus and addons look a little over sized. Also you posted a image that seems to be half your resolution size. Was that intentional or are you running in window mode?
    Abyssul's UI, please comment or download.

3) Go into your video options and select "Use UI Scale" and drag the bar until it's all scaled down to a better size. You may need to fix a few addon locations but it will be worth it if you want more screen space.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwraith View Post
    3) Go into your video options and select "Use UI Scale" and drag the bar until it's all scaled down to a better size. You may need to fix a few addon locations but it will be worth it if you want more screen space.
    Exactly, and then perhaps get an Viewport addon, wich will help even more.. then you can have how many addons you wish :P
    Hybrid - Druid/Paladin

+ Reply to Thread