+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tankadin..hows it look?

Tankadin..hows it look?

so i am semi new to these forums, but i am a pretty well exp tankadin...

now with that said i know there is always room to improve..

The World of Warcraft Armory
    thats my armory.. any sugestions and spell rotations people use would help.. i seem to average like around 2.5k-3k threat per second which i think is low.. i never get out aggroed.. and most people dont come close. so any tips would help

also ... is there a requirment for stats in OT 25 man NAxx

I am new and have been looking at a lot of information. Everything I have seen says one point in improved judgments (but two actually screws up the cooldowns for rotations). I hope someone answers you so I can read it too =)
    Last edited by cutiebug; 03-18-2009 at 09:23 AM.

Dagimp...all looks pretty solid to me. You are missing an enchant on your cloak tho. Personally im not a huge fan of the 10parry/2% threat glove enchant. I tend to use 18Stam kits cuz they're cheap and pretty effective.

Also, last i checked if you're going for threat, i believe the 5 points you have in holy are better off in Ret for at least 1 point in imp judgement, and getting 3 in Conviction. Basically its 3% into all your abilities rather then 15% in probably your weakest 2 attacks. I could be wrong tho..haha.

Otherwise...looks very solid to me. Remember that your JC-only prismatic gems can be used in any socket to complete socket bonuses so stuff like your JC trinket, you dont have to match the colors. Double Stam would work if you desired.
    Galushi - 85 Dwarf Warrior - Shadowsong US Alliance.
    Branigan - 85 Goblin Warrior - Kilrogg US Horde.

Mathed out, 5/5 Seals of the Pure is more threat than 3/5 Conviction generates, because while 3/5 conviction affects all of our abilities, you get the extra threat bonus due to Righteous Fury . 3/5 gives a marginal DPS increase, while 5/5 Seals gives the TPS increase.

You should, however be putting at least 6 points in Ret for 1 point in Improved Judgements. You CAN place a second point here, but it is mostly wasted (I'll explain in a second).

The rotation you should be using, is often called the 9/6/9/6/9 rotation. The reason for this, is you alternate a 9 second cool down then a six second cool down back and forth, thus enabling you to cast something on every GCD.

The 9 second cool down abilities would be:

Holy Shield (Actually 8 second cool down, however, due to GCD it would be impossible to hit as soon as it is back up, so treat as a 9)

Consecration (Same as Holy Shield)

Judgment (Talented with 1 point, it fits neatly at the 9 second mark, if 2 points are placed here, follows the same issue that Holy Shield/Consecration suffer)

The 6 second cool down abilities would be:

Shield of the Righteous

Hammer of Righteousness

Hammer of Wrath (When a boss is below 20%, you should replace Hammer of Righteousness with thus, until you get Last Laugh, or an Ulduar tanking weapon)

So your rotation would be something like:

Holy Shield
    Shield of the Righteous
    Judgment
    Hammer of the Righteous
    Consecration
    Shield of the Righteous
    Holy Shield
    Hammer of the Righteous
    etc

thanks... everyone... yeh i just got that cloak over the weekend and just relized it like after i typed this up that i forgot to enchant it

+ Reply to Thread